Real Madrid vs CSKA Moskva: Predictions, Betting Tips and Odds
Wednesday, December 12th 2018, @11:25 pm
Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid
Russians CSKA still have it all to play for as they aim to overhaul Plzen for third spot and continue their European adventure in the Europa League.
For Real Madrid, the job is done – assured of top spot, there is little left to play for but pride.
However, the same cannot be said of CSKA who know that if they are to continue their European exploits this season they must better Plzen’s result who host Roma.
Real Madrid’s pride was dented by Moscow after being subjected to 1-0 defeat at the hands of CSKA at the deafening surroundings of the Russian capital.
The football may not have been pretty, but the result was all that mattered in a game that gave the Russians hope.
The match also contributed to the inevitable sacking of former Real boss Julen Lopetegui and there is no way the Madrid hierarchy will accept back to back defeats.
After a difficult start to the season, the defending Champions League title holders are starting to fire under new coach Santiago Solari and that is a worry for CSKA.
Especially considering the Merengues have lost only two of their last forty-four Champions League home games.
CSKA will come with hope but they will have to provide an almighty shock that even the best betting sites in the country will find hard to call as Real Madrid look to gain revenge and maintain their average of just over two goals a game with a 2-0 home win.
- Real Madrid to win and keep a clean sheet 1.90 – BET NOW
Real has kept back to back clean sheets in the Champions League and in three of their five group games in the competition this season.
- Real to win 2-0 4.33 – BET NOW
The Madrid outfit has scored exactly two goals in two of their last three Champions League outings and with a goal difference of plus 10, there average group game result is a 2-0 win.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Nikola Vlasic caused an almighty shocked by netting the winner for CSKA in the 2nd minute when the pair met in match day two back in October.
Prior to that, the two sides were drawn together in the last sixteen during the 2011/12 season in which the pair played out a 1-1 in Moscow before Real swept to a 4-1 win at the Bernabeu to breeze through to the last eight.
- Real Madrid has only lost two of their last 44 home Champions League games.
- CSKA have a good record in Spain having on two occasions in just three visits to the country.
- Real Madrid has not lost at home to Russian opponents since 1991 when they were defeated 3-1 by Spartak Moscow.
- This season is CSKA’s 12th Champions League campaign which is a joint Russian record with Spartak.
- This is Real Madrid’s 49th European Cup campaign which is more than any other side.