Real Madrid vs Atlético Madrid: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Sunday, September 30th, 2018 @01:15 AM
Real Madrid 0 – 0 Atlético Madrid
Real Madrid do not seem to be missing Cristiano Ronaldo all that much as they have raced to the top of the league at this early stage of the season. Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale have both capitalised on having more chances without their former teammate and are showing that they can do the business for Los Blancos.
Diego Simeone’s men have experienced a somewhat stuttering start to the season after their UEFA Super Cup victory. Unconvincing performances in their first few games have given way to a more assured style of play in their recent outings however and they look like they might be ready for the challenge of Real Madrid.
Although Atlético beat Real to second place in last season’s La Liga they were still a long way off Barcelona and neither side will want to lose ground on the Catalan side, even at this early stage of the season. Real Madrid will be expecting to keep their good form going and take three points at home.
Atlético have one of the most imposing defensive units in the Spanish league but their attacking players have not really got going as yet this season. An early victory against lowly Rayo Vallecano was only achieved by a solitary Antoine Griezman goal and they will want Diego Costa to start like he did in the Super Cup final where he scored within the first minute. A 1-1 draw could be on the cards here.
- The draw at 3.60 Bet Now
Atlético have a very good recent record in the Bernabéu and will not want a bigger gap to emerge between them and the top sides. Real Madrid are playing with a newly found freedom since Ronaldo’s departure though and the draw seems most likely.
- Both teams to score at 1.75 Bet Now
With so much attacking talent on show it seems likely that there will be at least a couple of goals in this Madrid derby. Even with a solid Atlético defence both sides should get on the score sheet.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Both La Liga games ended in a draw last season with Ronaldo and Griezman scoring in the match at the Bernabéu. Atlético have the bragging rights this season however, having already beaten Real in the UEFA Super Cup.
- Atlético Madrid have not lost at the Bernabéu in a league match since 2012. They’ve not been quite as impressive in Champions League matches since then though – the most recent game ended in a 3-0 defeat.
- Real Madrid have seen goals from a number of players so far this season with Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema, Sergio Ramos and Isco all chipping in.
- Diego Simeone is coming up to seven years in charge at Atlético Madrid and has steered the club to success at home and in Europe. He also enjoyed two separate spells as a player for the team.
- Real Madrid are the most successful club in Spanish football having won La Liga 33 times – although their 2016/17 triumph was the first title for five years.