RB Leipzig vs Celtic: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Thursday, October 25th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Red Bull Arena
RB Leipzig 2 – 0 Celtic
A crunch game in Group B as both sides will be eager to get the three points that would give them a great chance of qualifying for the next round.
Leipzig were stunned in ‘the battle of the Red Bulls’ when they found themselves two down with just over 20 minutes gone. Losing an opening home group match is never a good start but winning away in Rosenborg has set these back-to-back Celtic matches up nicely as a shoot out to see who finishes in the top two and progresses.
Celtic had already beaten Rosenborg in their Champions League qualifying round so would have felt confident of another victory in their opening Europa League group match. But defeat in Salzburg means that the two fixtures against Leipzig are pivotal and a point in Germany would be a great result for the Bhoys.
Possibly taking Bayern Munich’s troubled start as inspiration, Leipzig have began their Bundesliga campaign at a great pace. The seemingly open title race has benefitted some of the up and coming clubs and Leipzig are pushing to be involved in European competition next season again at least. With the form they are displaying so far it would not be a surprise to see Leipzig beat Celtic 2-0.
Celtic have won the Scottish Premiership for the past seven years and were expected to cruise to another title this season. But that hasn’t been the case as the Edinburgh clubs in particular have started the campaign well. Celtic have also uncharacteristically dropped points in their opening matches and will need to turn things around soon if they are to have a successful season at home – and on the continent.
- RB Leipzig to win to nil 2.25 – BET NOW
Not scoring many in European competition may not be out of the ordinary but Celtic have struggled – in the main part – to find the net this season and Leipzig could well win this with their goal in tact.
- Total goals under 2.5 2.35 – BET NOW
Leipzig look good for the three points here and, with Celtic’s lack of goals in Europe this season, two will be enough for the German side.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These two sides have never met in European competition and this is RB Leipzig’s first ever match against Scottish opposition.
- Both RB Leipzig and Celtic have started the group with a win against Rosenborg and a defeat to Salzburg.
- Celtic have a woeful record against German opposition. They have won only three of 22 matches and none away from home.
- This is Leipzig’s ninth game in European competition this season having navigated their way through three qualifying rounds to get to the group stage.
- Celtic, on the other hand, have already played ten games. Three qualifying rounds in the Champions League ended in a defeat to AEK Athens. They then had to get through a play off to enter the Europa League.