PSV vs Tottenham: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, October 23th, 2018, 10:25 PM
PSV Stadion Eindhoven
PSV 2 – 2 Tottenham
Spurs travel to Eindhoven knowing that nothing short of a victory will do to realistically keep their Champions League hopes alive.
PSV were resoundingly beaten in the Camp Nou in their group opener as they felt the full might of Lionel Messi. The Argentinian striker scored a hat trick and even Barcelona going down to ten men with over ten minutes to play didn’t help the Dutch side on a night that they would rather forget.
This may be a very tough group but Spurs have not helped themselves in both their matches so far. Leading 1-0 in the San Siro with under five minutes to go, they allowed Inter to come back into the match and steal the points with a stoppage time winner from Matias Vecino. Losing their home match against Barcelona means that they have everything to do in back-to-back fixtures against PSV.
Domestically PSV have carried on where they left off last season. They have won the Eredivisie in three of the last four seasons and are yet to drop a single point so far this campaign. But if they are not to repeat last season’s Champions League performance of finishing bottom – and winless – in their group they will need to get something from this fixture.
Spurs have started well in the English Premier League but with so much competition they know that they will have to keep the pressure on the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool while keeping an eye on a resurgent Arsenal. They desperately need at least a point in Eindhoven and could even snatch a victory if Kane is on his game. This one could end 2-1 to the visitors.
- Spurs to win 2.00 – BET NOW
Although Spurs have a team full of talent they still look to the talismanic Harry Kane to deliver the goals and if the England captain is on form they could well get the three points they need.
- Tottenham to score first 1.61 – BET NOW
PSV may feel the need to push forward more at home, potentially opening up room on the counter attack for Spurs to take the lead.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These two sides have only met in one European tie before – back in the 2007/08 UEFA Cup. PSV went through on penalties then after both sides had lost their home matches.
- Tottenham have a very good record in the Netherlands, having won five and drawn one of seven matches.
- The last time PSV played an English side at home in Europe they beat Manchester United in the 2015/16 Champions League. They also achieved a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford.
- Only Porto have committed more Champions League fouls than Spurs this season. The North London side have been pulled up by the ref 33 times in just two games.
- When PSV won the European Cup in 1988 they set a record of only winning three matches on route to the cup – including no wins at all from the quarter finals on.