Paris vs Liverpool: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Thursday, November 29th 2018, @01:30 AM
Parc des Princes Paris
Paris 2 – 1 Liverpool
Nerves will be fraught as PSG welcome Liverpool to Paris in what promises to be an intriguingly tight affair.
Paris Saint-Germain have swept all before them domestically this season and are odds on to retain the Ligue 1 title. But it hasn’t been as easy in the Champions League and with injury scares surrounding both Neymar and Kylian Mbappé the visit of Liverpool could be too much for the French side. Indeed, the Reds’ squad largely emerged unscathed from the international break, and that could be a significant determining factor in this tie.
Liverpool have also been dominant domestically while finding it harder in Europe. An injury time winner against PSG in match day one was fully deserved but they have since lost to both Napoli and Red Star and need to improve on their travels if they are to repeat last season’s Champions League campaign.
After losing to Liverpool PSG have convincingly beaten Red Star at home and drawn twice with Napoli to set up a fascinating last two match days in Group C. The French side will know that a defeat to Liverpool will likely mean their Champions League campaign will come to an end.
A positive result in Paris and Liverpool will believe that home advantage in their final game against Napoli will help them through to the next round. A lot depends on the availability of some of PSG’s star players but Liverpool would definitely take a 2-2 draw at the Parc de Princes.
- Draw 4.00 – BET NOW
With a lot on the line, early caginess may give way to a very open match. With so much at stake a draw could be the end result.
- Both teams to score 1.44 – BET NOW
With so much talent on display – and a campaign full of goals – it seems likely that both PSG and Liverpool will find the net.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These two European giants have only ever met on three occasions with PSG winning their only home game. Liverpool won on match day one this season however.
- With the likes of Neymar, Cavani and Mbappé to choose from it is perhaps unsurprising that only Manchester City have scored more goals than PSG in the Champions League this season.
- Liverpool has such a group of attacking players that it will be difficult for PSG to know who to concentrate on. Their seven Champions League goals have been scored by five different players.
- It is still to be seen whether Neymar will be fit for this match but only Roma’s Edin Dzeko has had more attempts on target than the Brazilian in the Champions League this season.
- Liverpool have failed to score away from home in the Champions League this season.