Paktia Panthers vs Balkh Legends – APL Prediction Match no7
- Paktia Panthers have played 2 matches so far in the APL and so have the Balkh Legends. Paktia Panthers have scored an average 54 runs in 1st 6 overs. Whereas, the Balkh Legends’ average 1st 6 overs score is 48. Both teams have the odds of 1.90 to be the team to make highest 1st 6 overs score. BET NOW
- Mohammad Shahzad, the Paktia Panthers captain has scored 2 consecutive half centuries and Ryan ten Doeschate, number 3 batsman of Balkh Legends was unbeaten on 78 in heir 1st match. It is very likely that a fifty will be scored in the Paktia Panthers vs Balkh Legends T20 match. (1.20) BET NOW
- Apart from Mohammad Shahzad (4.00), Sikandar Raza (5.50) of Paktia Panthers has scored a fifty in their 1st match against Kabul Zwanan. C Delport (4.50) and Samiullah Shenwari (7.00) posted scores 35 and 38 respectively in their last T20 against Nangarhar Leopards. BET NOW
- Watch the Top Team Batsman market to time your bets according to the changing match conditions. In the event of an early dismissal of Mohammad Shahzad, the odds for Sikandar Raza and Shenwari or Delport may go down. BET NOW
- Also, there’s Shahid Afridi (6.50) who hasn’t fired in the APL yet. He cannot be ruled out of the race to be the Top Team Batsman for Paktia Panthers. BET NOW
- In their last T20 match against Kandahar Knights, Balkh Legends conceded 13 runs in the 1st over, whereas in their 1st match against Kabul Zwanan they conceded 9 runs in the 1st over. BET NOW
- On the other hand, Paktia Panthers conceded 14 runs in their 1st match and 5 runs in their last T20 against the Nangarhar Leopards in the 1st over and picked a wicket as well. BET NOW
- 1st Over Total Runs are likely to be over 5 (1.66). BET NOW
In-Play Betting Tips
There will be markets available to predict runs to be scored in every over. Here are some bowlers and their economy rates. Consider these economy rates while placing your bets on the selection (Over or Under) offered in these markets.
Mohammad Nabi, Aftab Alam and Gulbadin Naib have been the wicket takers for Balkh Legends. While, Ben Laughlin has been the most expensive bowler with an economy of 11.33 in the 1st match and 11.00 in the next picking up 1 wicket.
Watch out for the market for total runs in the over bowled by Ben Laughlin. If Paktia Panthers has their best batsmen on the crease, go for the Over selection in Ben Laughlin’s over.
Our Prediction for Paktia Panthers vs Balkh Legends Match no7
Balkh Legends will win this match.
Balkh Legends have won 2 of their 2 T20 matches in the Afghanistan Premier League 2018 so far and are placed at the top of the points table. In their 1st match against Kabul Zwanan, their bowlers Mohammad Nabi, Aftab Alam, and Gulabdin Naib bowled at an economy of 5, 9 and 7 picking up 2, 2, and 1 wicket each.
The Balkh Legends chased down 177-runs target with 8 wickets in hand as Ryan ten Doeschate sacred an unbeaten 78.
While in their 1st T20 their top batting order showed their prowess in chasing a good total of 175+ in their next T20 against Kandahar Knights, the Balkh Legends successfully defended 165 runs.
Gulbadin Naib was the star performer with bowling figures of 4-12 in 4 overs.
The team looks strong even without the icon player, Chris Gayle. With him in the batting line-up Balkh Legends will seem invincible.
Paktia Panthers suffered a defeat at the hands of Kabul Zwanan in their 1st T20 even after posting a huge total of 218 runs in 20 overs. The captain Mohammad Shahzad is in good touch having scored 2 consecutive fifties. Delport and Samiullah Shenwari socred thirties in their last match to take the Panthers’ score to 184 against Nagarhar Leopards.
In this T20, Paktia Panthers were successful in defending 184 runs as Udana and Shahid Afridi were economical and also picked wickets.
Though Paktia Panthers defended 184 and won the match, they weren’t so clinical in finishing the tail.
Paktia Panthers picked 5 wickets in 10 overs and in the remaining 10, gave away more than 100 runs and picked 1 wicket.
This inability to pick wickets towards the end could well become a vulnerability which the Balkh can exploit.