Pakistan vs New Zealand 1st ODI Prediction
NZ won by 47 runs
- Date: November 7, 2018
- Time: 04:30 PM IST
- Venue : Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
Pakistan vs New Zealand 1st ODI Prediction
Pakistan – 1.61 bet INR 100 and make INR 161 in case Pakistan wins BET NOW
New Zealand – 2.20 bet INR 100 and make INR 220 in case New Zealand wins BET NOW
- New Zealand has an impressive record at Abu Dhabi and has won four out of five games they have played against Pakistan
- Imad Wasim and Junaid Khan share odds of 4.33 (make INR 433 by betting INR 100) to be Pakistan’s best bowlers and in terms of New Zealand’s attack it is Trent Boult leading with odds of 3.5 (make INR 350 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Babar Azam is frontrunner for Pakistan’s best batsman riding on odds of 4.2 (make INR 420 by betting INR 100) while Colin Munroe is in lead among New Zealanders with odds of 4.0 (make INR 400 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Kane Williamson, Babar Azam and Fakhar Zaman are in race of Man of the Match Award sharing odds of 8.00 (make INR 800 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For most sixes in the match New Zealanders have odds of 2.25 (bet INR 100 and pocket INR 225) and for Pakistan it is 1.9 (wager INR 100 and win INR 190) BET NOW
Pakistani skipper Sarfraz Ahmed would be upbeat about the recent performances from his side. Only few weeks back the team was being criticised for its performance in the Asia Cup where they managed just two wins and that too against Hong Kong and Afghanistan. They had issues with the performance of their batsmen especially the top order in that tournament. But winning is a good habit and it can do wonders to the dressing room atmosphere. With good understanding of the conditions and momentum going their way the skipper would hope the side makes the perfect start to the ODI series.
In the previous ODI series Pakistani openers Fakhar Zaman and Imam-ul-Haq didn’t succeed especially the former but he has returned to form in the T20s. The middle order is strong with Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik and skipper Sarfaraz. If they stick to their form like they have done in the recent weeks this batting line-up can destroy the Kiwi bowling attack. On the bowling front Imad Wasim, Junaid Khan and Hasan Ali make a good seam attack. With Hafeez and Malik with their experience with the ball and Shadab Khan with his variety the attack looks well balanced to take on the Kiwi batsmen.
Kiwi skipper Kane Williamson’s men just got the wakeup call after their long hiatus from international cricket in the T20s. The side is packed with talent but in all the games they lost out key moments to have been whitewashed. But he would take heart from their previous ODI series against Pakistan at home earlier this year when they whitewashed the opponents 5-0. Having got a sense of the conditions in UAE in the T20 series they would look to come hard at the Pakistanis. He would hope his wins this opening encounter and break the momentum the Pakistani side finds itself in.
New Zealand is missing the services of Martin Guptil for sure at top of the order and Colin Munro will have to take responsibility along with his opening partner. With Williamson, Tom Latham, Ross Taylor and Colin de Grandhomme in the middle they have the right combination of players to take on the Pakistani spinners in the middle. In the bowling department the return of Trent Boult adds to the pace attack and along with Tim Southee he will challenge the Pakistani batting line-up. Ish Sodhi and Todd Astle will have to capitalize on the conditions to contain flow of runs in the middle overs to set up a win for their side.
The two sides match well on paper but given Pakistan’s recent form in UAE they would start as favourites to take 1-0 lead in the series.
Our Prediction for India vs West Indies
Pakistan will win the 1st ODI
Pakistanis are on a roll in the Emirates and have smashed past the New Zealanders in the T20 series the second consecutive whitewash they have instilled on the opponents after Australia. Now the action begins in the 50 over format of the game where the side comes after a poor show in the recently concluded Asia Cup. As for the Kiwis while they did play well in the first two games of the T20 series they ended up on the wrong side of the scoreboard in all their games so far in this tour. But they are a better ranked side compared to Pakistan in ODIs and will fancy their chances in this format. So the crowds at Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi should witness some good cricket in the opening game of the series.