Paarl Rocks vs Jozi Stars Prediction – Mzansi 5th Match
Jozi Stars won by 60 runs
- Date: 20th November 2018
- Time: 10:30 PM IST
- Venue: Boland Park, Paarl
Paarl Rocks – 1.67 Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.167 BET NOW
Jozi Stars – 2.20 Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.220 BET NOW
Paarl Rocks vs Jozi Stars Betting Tips
- The odds in the Highest Opening Partnership market for Paarl Rocks are set at 1.80 and 2.00 for Jozi Stars. If you bet Rs.100 on Paarl Rocks, you will get Rs.180 on winning. BET NOW
- Paarl Rocks opening partnership in their last match was of 28 runs, while Jozi Stars had an opening partnership of 13 runs in their last match.
- Paarl Rocks have the odds of 1.85 in the Highest Total in First 6 overs market at Unibet Sports. And the odds for Jozi Stars in the same market are set at 1.95. A Rs.100 bet on Paarl Rocks will return Rs.185. BET NOW
- Paarl Rocks scored 58 runs in first 6 overs in their last match against Tshwane Spartans at this same venue where they will face the Jozi Stars.
- While, Jozi Stars score at the end of 6 overs was 43-2 in their last match against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants at Johannesburg.
- With Faf du Plessis coming into the side for Paarl Rocks, and the presence of Chris Gayle in the Jozi Stars batting line-up, the chances of a half century being scored in this match are very likely.
- The betting odds in the Half-Century Scored in Match market for the Yes selection are set at 1.17. A Rs.100 bet will return Rs.117. BET NOW
- The odds for both Paarl Rocks and Jozi Stars are set 2.10 in the Highest Total First Over market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.210. BET NOW
Mzansi 5th Match – Teams Comparison
Paarl Rocks kicked off their campaign with the match no.4 Paarl Rocks vs Tshwane Spartans at the same venue on 18th November. Paarl Rocks had won the toss and chose to field first in the match.
Tshwane Spartans openers put a 100-runs stand for the first wickets in 10 overs. Dwayne Bravo gave the Paarl Rocks breakthrough in the 10th overs dismissing Theunis de Bruyn for 66.
Paarl Rocks were put on the back-foot as Tshwane Spartans added another 77 runs in the next 6 overs. It was Dwayne Bravo again who broke that partnership dismissing AB de Villiers for 32 in the 17th over.
Bravo picked 2 wickets in the same over as he got Rilee Rossouw out for a duck on the 5th ball of that over.
Dane Paterson picked 2 wickets for Paarl Rocks in the 19th over dismissing Dean Elgar (9) and Gihahn Cloete (80).
Chasing 204 runs in 20 overs, Paarl Rocks scored 58 runs in the power-play and lost 2 wickets.
Paarl Rocks opener Cameron Delport and the number 4 batsman, Vaughn van Jaarsveld put together 57-runs for the 3rd wicket. Jaarsveld was out for 22 off 20 in the 12th over.
Delport was out bowled by Lutho Sipamla in the 15th over. He scored 73 off 43 balls with 4 fours and 5 sixes. Dwayne Bravo was demised soon after scoring 14 off 10 and Paarl Rocks were 147-5 in the 16th over.
Mangaliso Moshele’s 20 off 8 balls brought the Paarl Rocks closer to victory as they finished 202-6 in 20 overs and lost the match by 1 run.
After their 6th wicket had fallen for 169, Rocks needed 35 off 16 balls and fell 1 run short of the Tshwane Spartans total.
The middle order batsmen including Vaughn van Jaarsveld, Henry Davids, Dwayne Bravo and Grant Thomson did not convert their innings into big runs as they did not stay on the crease for long. Davids, Bravo and Thomson did not play more than 10 balls.
Jozi Stars kicked off their Mzansi Super League 2018 campaign with the match against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants on 17th November. Stars featured the universe boss, Chris Gayle in their batting lineup.
The Giants had won the toss and chose to bowl first. Chris Gayle and Ryan Rickelton opened the innings for Jozi Stars but did not get off to a good start.
Stars lost both their openers at the score of 27 in the 4th over. Gayle ws out for 23 off 19 balls with 4 fours and 1 six. Dane Vilas, the captain of Jozi Stars had the major contribution in the innings with 38 runs off 34 balls and a partnership of 41 runs with Rassie van de Dussen (23).
Vilas was not out on 38, while the number 5, 6, 7, and 8 batsmen were out cheaply for under 10 runs each.
Jozi Stars managed to put 124 runs on the board at the loss of 7 wickets in 20 overs.
JJ Smuts, the Giants’ skipper sliced through the Stars middle order as he picked 3 wickets dismissing number 5, 6, and 7 batsmen of Jozi Stars.
Jozi Stars bowlers put a good bowling effort as they dismissed both the Giants openers for 0.
Beuran Hendricks was the top team bowler for Stars with 2 wickets for 13 runs in his 4 overs. Eddie Leie also picked 2 for 25.
Daniel Christian and Calvin Savage were expensive and bowled 3 overs at an economy rate of 11.67 and 9.00 respectively and were both wicket-less.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants won the match by 5 wickets in the 18th over. It was clear that another 30-35 runs would have made the difference for Jozi Stars given the bowling effort from Beuran Hendricks, Duanne Oliver and Eddie Leie.
Our Prediction for Paarl Rocks vs Jozi Stars
Paarl Rocks are the favorites to win this match.