Paarl Rocks vs Durban Heat 18th Match Prediction
- Aiden Markram has the odds of 3.00 in the Paarl Rocks Top Batsman market at Betway Sports. A Rs.100 bet will return Rs.300 BET NOW
- Aiden Markram scored 50 off 39 balls in the last match and was the top team batsman
- Other batsman leading the race to be the top team batsman is Faf du Plessis. He was the top team batsman scoring 54 against Cape Town Blitz at Paarl in the match no.11
- Faf du Plessis has the odds of 3.20 in the Paarl Rocks Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.320 BET NOW
- In their last match against Durban Heat at Kingsmead, Durban, Henry Davids scored a quick 46 off 25 balls with 4 fours and 3 sixes and was the top team batsman
- Henry Davids has the odds of 5.00 to be the top team batsman for Paarl Rocks. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500 BET NOW
- David Miller and Hashim Amla are the leading contenders in the Durban Heat Top Batsman market with the odds of 3.50 each. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.350 BET NOW
- Hashim Amla hasn’t been in a great form lately and has scored 4, 0, and 12 runs in his last 3 appearances for the Durban Heat. While David Miller’s scores in last 3 innings are 30, 22 and 0
- Morne van Wyk was the top team batsman for Durban Heat in their last match against Jozi Stars scoring 66 off 33 balls
- The odds for Morne van Wyk in the Durban Heat Top Batsman market are set at 4.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
- Bjorn Fortuin has been in a great touch and has been top team bowler for Paarl Rocks on multiple occasions. His wicket taking ability is consistent and he had the figures of 4 for 15 against Cape Town Blitz at Paarl in the 11th match
- Bjorn Fortuin has the odds of 4.00 in the Paarl Rocks Top Bowler market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
- Dane Paterson is another bowler who is a strong contender to be the top bowler for Paarl Rocks and has the odds of 4.25. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.425 BET NOW
- Paterson has picked 5 wickets in last 3 matches and was picked 2 for 26 in his last match against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Paarl Rocks have won 2 and lost 3 of the 5 matches they’ve played in the Mzansi Super League 2018 so far. Their 3rd loss came in their last match against Nelson Mandela Bay Giants at Port Elizabeth.
This loss was followed by 2 consecutive wins where the Paarl Rocks defeated Durban Heat and Cape Town Blitz. While their victory over Durban Heat was at Durban, their successful chase against Cape Town Blitz came at their home venue in Paarl.
However in the last match, the Paarl Rocks batting was disappointing and Aiden Markram was the only one with any significant contributions in the chase.
Chasing 169 runs, Paarl Rocks top order batsmen Henry Davids, Faf du Plessis, Vaughn van Jaarsveld were all out cheaply for 7,7, and 6 runs respectively.
Apart from Aiden Markram, David Wiese, and Mangaliso Mosehle were the only other batsmen with double digits score.
In the earlier matches, Paarl Rocks top order had performed really well and Faf du Plessis, Aiden Markam, Henry Davids were all among the top scorers.
When it comes to chasing at Paarl, Faf du Plessis, Vaughn van Jaarsveld, Mangaliso Mosehle all made major contributions with the bat against Cape Town Blitz after the bowlers had got the opposition all out for 140.
Paarl Rocks have a good bowling attack with Bjorn Fortuin and Dane Paterson in good form. If their top order fires and David Wiese, and Mangaliso Mosehle chip in at the death overs in the middle, Paarl Rocks can put up a good scoring batting first and also chase successfully at this venue.
Durban Heat are placed at the bottom of the points table with 1 win in 5 matches. Their only win was at Durban in the match no.6 against Tshwane Spartans.
After that win, Durban Heat have lost 3 consecutive matches, the recent being against Jozi Stars where they lost by 53 runs chasing a target of 231 in 20 overs.
Keshav Maharaj was wicketless and so was Vernon Philander, and Brandon Mavuta as the DH bowlers picked only 3 wickets.
Heinrich Klaasen was out for a duck and so was the captain Albie Morkel. Keshav Maharaj batted at number 3 and was out for 0.
Morne van Wyk (60), David Miller (30), Kyle Abott (30) made the major contributions.
While Miller has been scoring 20’s and 30’s, Hashim Amla, and Heinrich Klaasen have failed constantly and were out for 0 and 2 respectively against Paarl Rocks in the 14th match at Durban. The bowling department has struggled too, as Keshav Maharaj has gone wicketless in the last 3 matches.
Durban Heat bowlers haven’t picked many wickets in their recent outings and the top order batsmen haven’t scored enough runs either to defend or chase down a total.
Paarl Rocks will win this match