Otago vs Wellington Prediction -Ford Trophy Final
Wellington won by 3 wickets
- Date: December 01, 2018
- Time: 03:30 AM IST
- Venue: University Oval, Dunedin
Betting Odds for Otago vs Wellington Final Ford Trophy
- The sides won one game each during the league phase of this season
- Brad Wilson has odds of 4.00 (win INR 400 wagering INR 100) to be best batsmen for Otago while on Wellington’s side it is Andrew Fletcher with 4.33 (win INR 433 wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- Mark Craig is expected to be Otago’s best performer with the ball with 4.00 (win INR 400 betting INR 100) odds and for Wellington it is Hamish Bennett with 3.50 (win INR 350 betting INR 100) odds BET NOW
- For highest opening partnership the teams are tied at the same odds 1.90 (gain INR 190 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Otago have odds of 1.95 (pocket INR 195 betting INR 100) to hit most sixes in the match and for Wellington the odds are 2.15 (pocket INR 215 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- In the highest opening partnership market Otago is ahead with 1.80 (pocket INR 180 betting INR 100) and Wellington have 2.00 (pocket INR 200 betting INR 100) BET NOW
Ford Trophy Final Squads Comparison
Jacob Duffy has put his experience to good use this season and led his side brilliantly so far. The way the team turned it around after last year’s disaster would surely have excited every cricket fan in the region. They have overwhelmed opponents with their batting and bowling and have also won nail biting games. They are playing like a well-oiled machine that is committed towards winning the title. Duffy would like his boys to play with the same zeal that they have showed so far in the season and make no mistakes in the final.
Brad Wilson has finally found form at the top of the order and his partner Mitch Renwick has batted well this season as well. Neil Broom, Nathan G Smith, Shawn Hicks and Anaru Kitchen have all played handy knocks this season. The middle order has made the difference for the side in most games and they would feel confident about their batting ahead of the final. Duffy has had a great season with the ball and so have Michael Rippon and Mark Craig. They have the perfect bowling combination going into this match.
If there were any doubts about Hamish Bennett’s men’s temperament they settled the debate after their thrilling win over Auckland in the Preliminary Final. It was a great win under pressure especially in a do-or-die game. But the performance has also raised concerns about the batting with most of the batsmen except for few of them failed to stick to the wicket. In the big final the team can’t afford to overcome such string of poor performances. Bennett who has been inspirational in his role as captain would like to see his side put up a good show and lift the trophy.
Andrew Fletcher had a rare failure in the last game and would look to score big in the final. He is the top scorer this season. But the problem for the side is the form of Jakob Bhula who has been in poor form all this season. Michael Bracewell and Devon Conway are in good nick while James Neesham would feel extremely confident after his heroics in the last game where he made a brilliant hundred. The bowling has been going well for the side with Hamish Bennett leading it. Ollie Newton is in good form and Malcolm Nofal along with Peter Younghusband did a splendid job. They have to repeat the same show in the all-important game.
Our Prediction for Otago vs Wellington Ford Final
Otago is favourites to win The Ford Trophy 2018
After two months of competitive cricket which saw exciting cricket from all the teams it is just one game to claim the title. Otago who had qualified for the finals by virtue of being at the top of the table would take on Wellington at the University Oval, Dunedin. For Otago who had finished at the bottom of the table last year it has been an incredible journey this year. Wellington on the other hand was just a point behind their rivals in the points table are also in great form. It would be a cracker of a final between two teams which have impressed throughout the season.
There is hardly anything to choose between the two sides before the finals but given the kind of momentum Otago have shown this season they would find themselves nose ahead of Wellington and are expected to lift The Ford Trophy 2018.