Otago vs Wellington 17th Match Prediction
- Otago Fall of 1st Wicket market has the odds of 1.83 for both Over and Under 29.5 runs selections. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.183 BET NOW
- Otago played their last 2 matches at the same venue and they lost their 1st wicket on 86 and 48 in these matches
- The betting odds for both Over and Under 28.5 runs in Wellington Fall of 1st Wicket market are set at 1.83. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.183 BET NOW
- Wellington’s fall of 1st wicket in their last 2 matches was on 42 and 32 runs and both these matches were played at Basin Reserve, Wellington
- James Neesham has scored 2 consecutive half centuries in last 2 matches. He scored 67 in the last match and 86 in the match prior to that against Northern Knights and was the top batsman for Wellington
- The odds for James Neesham in the Wellington Top Batsman market are set at 4.75. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.475 BET NOW
- Devon Conway who was the top batsman for Wellington in the last match with 94 runs has the odds of 3.75 in Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375 BET NOW
- Andrew Fletcher with the scores of 10 and 64 in last 2 matches has the odds of 4.00 in the same market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
- Hamish Rutherford was the star of the Otago innings in their last match against Canterbury where he scored 154 off 141 balls with 14 fours and 5 sixes. This was his second hundred in the Ford Trophy 2018 season after an unbeaten 102 against Northern Knights in match no.4
- The odds for Hamish Rutherford in the Otago Top Batsman market are set at 3.25. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325 BET NOW
- Neil Broom has the odds of 3.75 in the top batsman market for Otago. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375 BET NOW
- Neil Broom has the scores of 11 and 68 in the last 2 innings both played at Dunedin. Another batsman with a half century in recent matches for Otago is Anaru Kitchen. Kitchen scored 53 in the last match against Canterbury and was out for 42 in the match against Central Districts at the same venue
- Anaru Kitchen has the odds of 5.00 in the Otago Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500 BET NOW
Wellington is at the top of the table with 4 wins from 5 matches. Their last 2 wins were at their home ground at Wellington against Auckland and Northern Knights. Their team score batting first in these matches was 278 and 269 with 2 half centuries in the both the innings.
While James Neesham has been consistent with the bat and scored 2 consecutive half centuries for Wellington, Malcolm Nofal has showed consistency with the ball and picked 3 wickets in each of the last 2 matches.
While Wellington has won all of the 3 matches played at Wellington, they lost to Auckland by 13 runs in their only away match in the season so far. At Dunedin where they will play their 2nd away match of the season against Otago, the average 1st and 2nd innings scores are 253 and 199.
If Wellington were to win this match, the toss will play a crucial role since Otago has won the last 2 matches at this venue defending 309 and 208 (32 overs).
Otago has made a good comeback after the loss in the 1st match of the season and with 3 wins in 5 matches are at number 2 in the points table. Otago’s opening batsman Hamish Rutherford is in great form with a score of 154 in the last match against Canterbury. In the same match, apart from Anaru Kitchen (53) and Mitch Renwick (41) no other batsmen scored over 20 runs.
Otago went on to score 309 and won the match by 62 runs. Their run rate in the death overs was pretty good and after 280-7 in the 47th over, Otago scored another 29 runs in the last 3 overs.
In the bowling department, Michael Rippon and Matthew Bacon are among the wicket takers and have picked 5 and 6 wickets respectively in last 2 matches.
Given their record at Dunedin, Otago could deliver an upset if they were to bat first against Wellington.
Our Prediction for Auckland vs Central Districts
Wellington are the favorites to win this match
Both teams are in great form and Otago has won their last 2 matches at this venue. Based on the last time Wellington and Otago played each other in the match no.9 where Wellington scored 301 and Otago were all-out for 108 chasing, Wellington are the favorites