Otago vs Northern Knights 23rd Match Prediction
- H Rutherford has the odds of 3.25 in the Top Team Batsman market for Otago. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325 BET NOW
- Hamish Rutherford’s score in his last 3 innings was 28, 10 and 154. He has hit 2 centruires in the Ford Trophy 2018, the first being against Northern Knights in match no.4 where he scored an unbeaten 102
- Another contender to be the top team batsman for Otago is Neil Broom. He scored 49 in the last match against Auckland and was the top team batsman. His scores in last 3 innings are 49, 45 and 11
- N Broom has the odds of 5.00 in the Top Team Batsman market for Otago. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500 BET NOW
- In the match against Wellington, when Otago’s top and middle batting order collapsed without making nay significant contributions, Michael Rippon and Josh Finnie scored 42 and 53 runs batting at number 7 and 8 respectively
- Josh Finnie has the betting odds of 10.00 while the odds for Michael Rippon in the Top Team Batsman market for Otago are set at 13.00. If you bet Rs.100 on J Finnie you would get Rs.1000 on winning BET NOW
- Dean Brownlie scored 73 for Northern Knights in the last match against Canterbury chasing 308. He has the odds of 4.50 in the Top Team Batsman market for Northern Knights. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450 BET NOW
- Joe Carter is a strong contender in the race to be the top team batsman for Northern Knights. His scores in last 3 innings were 65 (not out), 45 (not out), and 102 (not out)
- Joe Carter has been unbeaten in the last 3 innings he’s played and has scored a hundred and a half century. He has the odds of 7.00 in the Top Team Batsman market for Northern Knights. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.700 BET NOW
- Michael Rippon who picked 3 wickets I the last match for Otago and was the top team bowler has the odds of 4.50 in the Top Team Bowler market for Otago. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450
- The number of wickets M Rippon picked in last 3 innings – 3, 0, and 2
- Matthew Bacon has also been consistent with his bowling and has picked a total of 7 wickets in last 3 matches. The odds for M Bacon in the Top Team Bowler market for Otago are set at 5.00 while Jacob Duffy has the odds of 4.00. A Rs.100 bet on Jacob Duffy at 4.00 would return Rs.400 on winning the bet BET NOW
- Brett Randell was the top wicket-taker for Northern Knights in their last match picking up 2 wickets for 63 runs. The odds for Brett Randell in the top team bowler market for Northern Knights are set at 3.75. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375 BET NOW
Otago has won 5 in 7 matches in The Ford Trophy 2018 so far and are placed at number 2 in the points table. They have won their last 3 matches, and defeated Auckland in the last match chasing 251.
Otago defeated Wellington defending 218 runs where their bowlers put an extraordinary performance taking away the match from Wellington and winning by 7 runs.
There were contributions with the bat from many batsmen in the line-up. With 6 batsmen scoring above 20-runs and their number 3 and number 5 getting out in the 40’s, the Otago chase was well supported by everyone from top to bottom.
There was a 77-runs partnership for the 3rd wicket and a 56-runs partnership for the 6th wicket followed by a 38-runs partnership for the 7th wicket.
The partnerships were crucial in Otago’s chase and they won the match by 3 wickets.
In the match previous to the one against Auckland, Otago defeated Wellington defending 218 runs. Batting first Otago had lost 6 wickets for 112. The only 50-runs partnership was between Michael Rippon and Nathan G Smith of 68 runs for the 7th wicket.
Otago had one or two players who built the innings and the rest would give in too early and there weren’t many partnerships. Inspite of the lack of partnerships Otago managed to win against Wellington with their effective bowling.
But in the last match when it came to chasing, Otago batsmen did pull up their socks and every one at the top chipped in taking the pressure slightly off of the lower batting order.
Northern Knights have won 3 in 7 matches and have lost 3. Their 3 wins have come in last 3 consecutive matches and they are now placed at number 3 in the points table just under Otago.
In their last match against Canterbury, they pulled off an exceptional win, putting up one of the finest batting performances in The Ford Trophy 2018 so far.
Northern Knights chased 308 runs successfully against Canterbury in the last match and won by 4 wickets in the 49th over. Number 1, 6 and 8 batsmen scored half centuries. Joe Carter and PD Bocock were not out on 65 and 57 respectively. Bocock’s 57 was in just 30 balls with 4 fours and 3 sixes and it helped Northern Knights reach the target with 11 balls remaining.
They have won chasing in their last 2 matches, both against Canterbury. Anton Devcich, Daryl Mitchell and Brett Randell have been among the wicket takers.
It will be a tough contest between Northern Knights and Otago as both teams have performed good when chasing and have also won their last 3 matches.
Our Prediction for Otago vs Northern Knights
Otago are slightly ahead and are likely to win this match
Given the venue, toss will play a key role and the team batting first could have an advantage if they score above 250 runs. Otago has a strong bowling attack and have defended successfully in their previous matches. Otago’s bowling is the reason why they stand a little higher chance of winning over Northern Knights.