Otago vs Canterbury Prediction – Ford Trophy Match 13th
Otago won by 62 runs
- Date: 7th November 2018
- Time: 3:30 AM IST
- Venue: University Oval, Dunedin
Otago vs Canterbury Betting Tips
- H Rutherford has the odds of 3.75 to be the Top Team Batsman for Otago on Bet365. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.375. BET NOW
- H Rutherford scored 102 against Northern Knights and 44 against Wellington in the 4th and 9th match respectively and was the top team batsman in both the matches.
- His recent score against Central Districts in the last match was 27 off 27 balls.
- Neil Broom scored 68 against Central Districts which marked his 2nd fifty of the Ford trophy 2018 season. The odds for Neil Broom in the Top Team Batsman market are set at 4.50. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.450.
- Josh Finnie who led the Otago chase in their 1st match against Central Districts scoring 63 has the odds of 7.50 in the Top Team Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.750 if he becomes the top team batsman. BET NOW
- Henry Nicholls has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Team Batsman market for Canterbury. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.400. BET NOW
- Henry Nicholls has scored 2 fifties so far, in match no 2 and match no 8.
- Cole McConchie who is the captain of the Canterbury side also has 2 fifties to his name in this season so far with the scores of 90 and 74. He has the odds of 7.00 in the Top Team Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 to win Rs.700. BET NOW
- Chad Bowes who was the top team batsman in the last match for Canterbury scoring 96 runs batting at number 1 has the odds of 4.50 to be the top team batsman.
- Canterbury average score at the fall of 1st wicket in last four matches is 29.25. While the average score at the fall of 1st wicket for Otago in last four matches is 44.
- The betting odds for the Under 27.5 and Over 27.5 selections in the Fall of 1st Wicket market are set at 1.90. If you bet Rs.100 on Over 27.5 you will win Rs.190 on winning the bet. BET NOW
- Caught selection has the odds of 1.44, while Bowled selection fancies 5.00 odds in the 1st Wicket Method market.
Otago has won 2 of 4 matches in The Ford Trophy 2018 season. Of their 2 wins, one has come off chasing 180 against Northern Knights at Hamilton and the other win which was recently against Central Districts, Otago defended 208 runs in a 32-overs match and won by 14 runs.
Otago will be playing Canterbury at the same venue where they defeated Central Districts batting first. While Neil Broom and Anaru Kitchen starred with the bat scoring 68 and 42 and putting together 80-runs partnership for the 4th wicket, Matthew Bacon and Michael Rippon picked 3 wickets restricting the Central Districts to 194.
Otago doesn’t have a strong batting line-up from what can be seen from their last few matches. Given their recent form, chasing against Canterbury could be a tough task for Otago at this venue. Also, Canterbury had defended 243 against Auckland and has a good bowling attack.
If Otago were to bat first, and put a decent score on the board, with their present bowling form, they stand a good chance of winning the match.
Canterbury lost their last match against Auckland by 3 runs chasing 271. Canterbury has good batsmen in the middle and lower down the order who can take the team far even after the top order collapses. As in their last match, after four of their top order batsmen were out for under 5 runs, Chad Bowes and Cam Fletcher gave the innings the necessary stability with scores of 96 and 63 respectively. Henry Shipley was not out on 51 off 38 balls batting at number 8.
Chad Bowes and Andrew Ellis put together 73 runs for the 4th wicket, which was followed by another 73-runs partnership between Chad Bowes and Cam Fletcher for the 5th wicket.
Though Canterbury fell 3 runs short of the Auckland total in that match, the effort by their opener and the lower order batsmen was applaudable.
That is something that lacks in the Otago batting when it comes to chasing. In their last chase against Wellington, Otago were all out for 108 chasing 302 runs. After Otago were 2 wickets down for 61, they lost their 8 wickets within 47 runs.
Otago made a comeback in their last match where they defended 208 runs.
Canterbury has a good bowling attack for a venue like University Oval, and will be looking to restrict the Otago to a low total if they were to chase.
Prediction for Otago vs Canterbury
Canterbury will win this match.
Again, the team batting first will be having an advantage at this venue, given the result of the last match between Otago and Central Districts.