Otago Volts vs Northern Knights Prediction – Super Smash 7th Match
Otago Volts vs Northern Knights Betting Tips
- The head to head record is in favour of Otago as they have won 12 games and lost 9 against Northern Knights
- Hamish Rutherford is expected to be best batsman for Otago Volts with 3.40 (bet INR 100 and pocket INR 340) odds while for the Northern Knights Dean Brownlie, Anton Devcich and Tim Seifert are sharing odds of 4.00 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 400) BET NOW
- Christi Viljoen leads the odds table to be the best bowler for Volts with odds of 3.75 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 375) while for the Knights Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi are tied on odds of 4.00 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 400) BET NOW
- The odds are same 1.90 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 190) for both the sides as far as highest opening partnership market is concerned. BET NOW
- For most match sixes Otago Volts have odds of 2.10 (wager INR 100 and get INR 210) while Northern Knights have 2.00 (wager INR 100 and get INR 200) BET NOW
Jacob Duffy’s side has started well in the tournament and has won both their games so far. In their first game they defeated Canterbury Kings convincingly by 5 wickets while in the second they grabbed a win from the jaws of defeat against the Wellington Firebirds winning the game by 1 run. That win would have surely given the side lot of confidence especially their bowlers. As they take on the Knights in the upcoming game at home Duffy would hope to seal a win as this would put his side in a dominating position in the points table.
Neil Broom together with his partner Hamish Rutherford forms a strong opening pair and the side would definitely bank on these two to provide them a solid start. The middle order has played well with Anaru Kitchen and Shawn Hicks having had good hits in the middle in the past two games. Michael Rippon has fit perfectly into a finisher’s role completing a good batting line-up. The bowlers have also relatively done well with Michael Rippon being the star in both the games. Christi Viljoen has done well too and the side would hope to see good bowling performance from Anaru Kitchen and Jack Hunter in the next game.
After the incredible start against Wellington Firebirds in their opening game Dean Brownlie’s side suffered an agonizing defeat in the second game against Central Stags. They had batted well to set up a good total and also started bowling well but some poor bowling in the end saw them lose the game. Brownlie would want his side to come out of that shock defeat and approach the game confidently in the next match. A loss here can signal trouble for the side and this is something that he would want to avoid at all costs.
Tim Seifert and Anton Devcich form a solid opening pair and they showed their skills in the last game. Skipper Dean Brownlie failed in the last game but he played a blinder in the opening game. As far as their middle order is concerned Daryl Mitchell has looked good and with Mitchell Santner and Daniel Flynn towards the end they have a strong batting line-up. The bowlers haven’t had a great tournament for the side yet and have gone for runs in both the games. Devcich has been the standout bowler while Santner has also done well. But the side would expect great performance from Scott Kuggeleijn, Ish Sodhi and Brett Randell in the next game.
Our Prediction for Otago Volts vs Northern Knights
Otago Volts will win this game
There have been some exciting and well-fought games so far in 2018-19 season of Super Smash and now as we move into the second week Otago Volts are all set to take on Northern Knights in their home game at Molyneux Park, Alexandra. Volts come into this match having won all their games so far while for the Knights after their splendid performance in the first game they come here after a loss in the second. Both the teams are well matched on paper and we should have a thrilling contest on our hands.
There isn’t much to choose between the two sides but as far as bowling attack goes Otago Volts’ attack has performed better and they would be favourites to win this game.