Otago Volts vs Canterbury Kings Prediction
Otago won by 5 wickets
- Date: December 23, 2018
- Time:08:30 AM IST
- Venue :University Oval, Dunedin
Otago Volts vs Canterbury Kings Prediction
Otago Volts – 2.10 bet INR 100 and win INR 210 if Otago Volts wins BET NOW
Canterbury Kings – 1.66 bet INR 100 and win INR 166 if Canterbury Kings win BET NOW
- In head to head contests Canterbury Kings have a 12-7 win-loss advantage over Otago Volts in the previous seasons
- Hamish Rutherford has odds of 3.25 bet INR 100 and gain INR 325 to be best batsman for Otago Volts while Chad Bowes leads for the Kings with 3.60 bet INR 100 and gain INR 360 BET NOW
- Matthew Bacon and Warren Barnes are sharing odds of 4.33 bet INR 100 and gain INR 433 to be Volts’ best bowler and as for the Kings it is Matt Henry with 3.50 bet INR 100 and gain INR 350 BET NOW
- For most match sixes Otago Volts are leading with 2.00 wager INR 100 and win INR 200 odds while Canterbury Kings have odds of 2.10 wager INR 100 and pocket INR 210 BET NOW
- In the highest opening partnership Otago Volts’ odds stands at 2.00 wager INR 100 and get INR 200 and for Canterbury Kings it is 1.80 wager INR 100 and win INR 180 BET NOW
Hamish Rutherford’s team has a point to prove after the disastrous season they had last time when they managed to win only two out of their ten games. The batting and bowling for the side was in complete disarray. In fact it was only at the end of the season that the side could manage two wins when they were out of play-off contention. Rutherford and his team would like to put behind those memories and start afresh in the upcoming game. Given their poor record against the Kings the captain would hope his players follow their assigned roles and start the season with a win.
Neil Broom will have to give a good start to his side with his opening partner and previous captain Rob Nicol having retired. In the middle order Hamish Rutherford, Shawn Hicks, JJ Tasman-Jones and Mitch Renwick will have to pile on the runs for the side to win. They can’t afford the batting collapses they had had last season. In the bowling department they would depend on the likes of Matthew Bacon, Jacob Duffy and Warren Barnes to pick early wickets and contain the opponents. They have a good bunch of players who need to rise up to the occasion and start with a win.
Andrew Ellis’ team had done well at the start of the last season and lost out at the end stages. They narrowly missed their spot in the Preliminary finals and they would be looking to turn things around this time. Ellis is leading a talented bunch of cricketers where he has both experience and youth on his side. A good start to the season is always required in a T2O league and given the fact that Otago Volts aren’t the most threatening side in the competition the skipper would hope his side puts their foot on the accelerator pedal and starts the season with a win.
In Jack Boyle and Michael Davidson they have a good opening combination both of whom would look to score quick runs and put the team ahead. The middle order has their best player Chad Bowes along with Stephen Murdoch and Leo Carter and they would be looking to steady the ship in the middle overs and finish things in style. In the bowling department Kyle Jamieson and Ed Nuttall form a good opening attack and will look to provide early breakthroughs. With Andrew Ellis and Todd Astle backing up, the attack is strong enough to win the game.
Our Prediction for Otago Volts vs Canterbury Kings
Canterbury Kings shall win this game
Canterbury Kings with start their campaign of Super Smash 2018-19 when they take on Otago Volts at the University Oval, Dunedin. The Kings who have a great record against the Volts would be looking forward to a perfect start for the season while their opponents who had an unremarkable run during the last edition of the tournament won’t like to repeat the same mistakes playing in their home ground. It would be a high stakes battle one that can signal the performance of both the sides during the rest of the tournament. It should be a great contest between the two sides.
Canterbury Kings have a better record against the Otago Volts and this would make them favourites to win the upcoming game.