Olympiacos vs Milan: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Friday, December 14th, 2018, 1:30 am
Olympiacos 3 – 1 Milan
It’s a potential winner takes all scenario in Milan’s final Europa League Group F match day against Olympiakos.
It’s completely wide open in Group F. Whilst Real Betis are qualified for the knockouts, AC Milan are still able to take top spot off them with the correct result, and Olympiakos can leapfrog the Italian side and leave them knocked out of all European competition.
For the Greeks to do it, they need to win by a margin of 2-0 or more, so you can expect a display of defensive football from Gennaro Gattuso’s side. Whilst they’ve been famous in the past for their defenders, this side is far removed from those in years gone. With six goals conceded in five Europa League games, including two against F91 Dudelange as well 18 goals conceded in 15 Serie A games, there isn’t much confidence instilled.
Perhaps Milan go into the game with a focus on defending, but alter their game plan if they go 1-0 down, as their offensive record is unsurprisingly better than their defensive record.
For Olympiakos, they’ll be straight out of the gates trying to unsettle the Rossoneri due to such a big winning margin needed. They’re to win, but not by the scoreline required – 1-0 Olympiakos.
- Under 2.5 goals 1.80 – BET NOW
As long as the Rossoneri avoid a loss to Olympiakos by more than one goal, then they’re definitely through to the knockout stages. It’s likely they won’t go for a win to try and top the group away the San Siro considering their shaky away form, so we can expect a defensive performance.
- Olympiakos to win 1-0 8.50 – BET NOW
Whilst a defensive performance from Milan is guaranteed don’t discount the Greek side getting a win but not going through due to head-to-head record. Gattuso’s side may overcommit to the defensive side of things, so a 1-0 Olympiakos win offers great odds on UK betting sites.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Prior to this season’s Europa League group stages, Milan and Olympiakos had never faced off in a competitive setting. The reverse of this fixture finished 3-1 to Milan in early October thanks to a brace from Patrick Cutrone whilst Higuain got on the scoresheet.
- No team averages more shots on target per game in the Europa League than Olympiakos, who average seven.
- Gattuso’s AC Milan average 21.2 tackles per game, the second most in the competition.
- Rossoneri striker Patrick Cutrone has four goals Europe’s second tier competition this season, only behind Frankfurt’s Luka Jovic and Salzburg’s Munas Dabbur.
- Only one player in the entire competition has attempted more shots from outside the box than Olympiakos’ Mohamed Camara with 11.