Northern Knights vs Wellington Firebirds Prediction
NK won by 45 runs
- Date: December 22, 2018
- Time: 11:30 AM IST
- Venue: Seddon Park, Hamilton
Northern Knights vs Wellington Firebirds Betting Tips
- In head to head contests Northern Knights have a 13-11 advantage over Wellington Firebirds
- Corey Anderson is expected to be Northern Knights top batsmen with 3.50 (bet INR 100 and pocket INR 350) while Devon Conway leads for the Firebirds with 3.75 (stake INR 100 and pocket INR 375) BET NOW
- Ish Sodhi is leading the odds with 3.25 (stake INR 100 and pocket INR 375) to be Knights’ best bowler and for the Firebirds it is Anurag Verma with 3.75 (stake INR 100 and pocket INR 375) BET NOW
- For most match sixes Northern Knights have odds of 1.72 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 172) while Wellington Firebirds have 2.60 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 260) BET NOW
- In the highest opening partnership market Northern Knights have odds of 1.80 (wager INR 100 and win INR 180) while Firebirds have 2.00 (wager INR 100 and win INR 200) BET NOW
Dean Brownlie the skipper would look to start off the campaign on a confident note. Having the core team from the last season intact he has the arsenal to take on the challenge that the Firebirds are likely to throw at them. Last season they gelled well as a team with the players living up to the roles that were assigned to them which resulted in the final triumph. A win the first game would take the pressure off their shoulders and Brownlie who has seen many battles on the pitch would definitely like to lead the team by example.
Tim Seifert and Anton Devcich their openers played well last season and gave good starts to the team and they would be looking to do the same this season as well. In the middle order the team has its strength with Dean Brownlie, Bharat Popli, Daniel Flynn and Daryl Mitchell having the ability to score quick runs. The bowling line-up is also strong for the side where Brett Randell and Mitchell Santner will look to trouble the opponents with the new ball. With Devcich and Ish Sodhi in the mix the bowling attack can make the task harder for the Firebirds.
Michael Bracewell would like his team to forget the performance of last year where they failed to live up to their own expectations. They have a good side that is packed with talent and the upcoming game offers them the right opportunity to start their campaign on a high. Among the woes last year was the inconsistency of their batting and this is something that Bracewell would hope doesn’t hit the side this time around. They are up against the best team in their opening encounter and this would allow his players to rise up to the occasion and set the stage right for the season.
They have a good top order with Tom Blundell and Michael Bracewell who would look to give the team a good start. With Devon Conway and Andrew Fletcher in the side the batting looks strong for the team. The lower order was in bad form last season and they would need to do well for Firebird to be competitive this season. In the bowling department Anurag Verma had a great tournament last time and would look to repeat in this year too. With Hamish Bennett and the likes of Jimmy Neesham and Jeetan Patel in the side they have a decent bowling line-up to compete in the next game.
Our Prediction for Northern Knights vs Wellington Firebirds
Northern Knights shall win this game
Cricket betting predictions at the start of a T20 league always pose a big challenge as both the teams start at the same place. When Northern Knights the defending champions of Super Smash begin their campaign against Wellington Firebirds at Seddon Park, Hamilton they can’t count on the form from the last season. Firebirds who didn’t have the best of seasons last time around would like to kick start their campaign with a win in the upcoming game. There is good young talent on both the sides and this should definitely set the balls rolling for this year’s league on the right note.
A new season doesn’t allow much to choose between two sides and yet Northern Knights being last year’s champions will start the match as favourites to win it.