Northern Knights vs Central Stags Prediction
Central Stags won by 5 wickets
- Date: December 27, 2018
- Time: 11:30 AM IST
- Venue: Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
Northern Knights vs Central Stags Betting Tips
- In head to head games Northern Knights have won 13 games and lost 9 against Central Stags so far
- Anton Devcich has odds of 4.00 (bet INR 100 and grab INR 400) to be Northern Knights best batsman while Tom Bruce, Jesse Ryder and George Worker share odds of 4.33 (bet INR 100 and grab INR 433) for Central Stags BET NOW
- Ish Sodhi and Mitchell Santner share odds of 4.00 (bet INR 100 and grab INR 400) to be best bowler for Knights and Dough Bracewell, Adam Milne and Seth Rance share the same odds for the Stags. BET NOW
- In the highest opening partnership market both the sides are tied on the same odds of 1.90 (bet INR 100 and grab INR 190) BET NOW
- For the most sixes market the odds are again the same for both the sides and stand at 2.05 (bet INR 100 and grab INR 205) BET NOW
Dean Brownlie would be delighted with the start his side got in their first game against Wellington Firebirds. They seemed to have carried on their form from last year’s finals and demolished the Wellington bowling attack with the skipper himself missing out on a well-deserved hundred by one single run. With a team high on spirits Brownlie would look forward to continuing with the same form and momentum in the upcoming game. He would also be confident about the fact that his side enjoys a good record against the Central Stags in the earlier tournaments and would look to capitalize on that.
Anton Devcich missed out in the last game but his opening partner Tim Seifert played a brilliant knock in the middle. Dean Brownlie was sensational during his stay at the crease. With the likes of Brett Hampton, Daryl Mitchell and Mitchell Santner in the middle order they have the batting firepower to defeat their opponents. As far as bowling goes Anton Devcich bowled well in the last game but others including Brett Randell, Scott Kuggeleijn and Ish Sodhi went for runs. They had the runs to do so in the last game but need to bowl a tight line in the upcoming game.
Tom Bruce the new skipper for the Stags would like his team to start the season on a confident note. Their loss to Northern Knights in last year’s final would have taken lot of time for the team to digest. But it’s the beginning of a new season and the team wouldn’t like to drop their shoulders in pain. Bruce is leading a good young side who should the skills they have in the last season and would want to hit the field and start with a win. It would be interesting to see how the team fares this season.
George Worker and Jesse Ryder form a good opening pair and they would be looking forward to starting the season on a high. The experienced Will Young would be at No. 3 followed by Tom Bruce, Dane Cleaver and Josh Clarkson making it a good middle order with the players having the capability to clear the stands. The bowling attack performed well last season and would be led by Dough Bracewell and Adam Milne. Seth Rance and Ben Wheeler would add strength to the bowling attack in the upcoming game. They would surely put the opposition batting under test in the game.
Our Prediction for Northern Knights vs Central Stags
Northern Knights will win the game
Northern Knights started at the top of cricket predictions for Super Smash 2018-19 and they played just that way in their opening game against Wellington Firebirds. Now the team heads to Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui where they would take on Central Stags. For the Stags it would be a chance to avenge the loss they had in last year’s final against the Northern Knights. They have a good team this time around and would complete fiercely against their opponents.
Northern Knights have a better record against the Stags and given the form they showed in the last game they would start as favorites.