Northern Knights vs Canterbury 17th Match Prediction
- Daryl Mitchell has the odds of 4.50 in the Northern Knights Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. While the odds for Dean Brownile in the same market are set at 4.75. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.475 BET NOW
- In their last match at Hamilton, Dean Brownile and Daryl Mitchell scored 5 and 14 runs respectively. While the top team batsman in the last match against Central Districts was Joe Carter, the number 6 batsman for Northern Knights with an unbeaten 102 off 77 balls
- Brett Hampton was the second highest scorer in the innings with 95 off 66 balls
- The odds for Joe Carter in the Northern Knights Top Batsman market are set at 6.50 while Brett Hampton has the odds of 6.00 in the same market. A Rs.100 bet on Brett Hampton at 6.00 will return Rs.600 on winning BET NOW
- Peter Bocock who was the top batsman for Northern Knights in the match prior to that against Wellington with his unbeaten 54 runs has the odds of 15.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.1500 BET NOW
- Chad Bowes of Canterbury has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Batsman market for Canterbury. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
- Chad Bowes scored 96 runs opening the innings for Canterbury against Auckland in match no.12. and was the top team batsman
- In their last match against Otago, Canterbury’s Jack Boyle was the top team batsman with 71 runs opening for the team
- The odds for Jack Boyle in the Canterbury Top Batsman market are set at 4.50. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450 BET NOW
- Another batsman to watch out for in the Canterbury dug out is Henry Shipley who has the scores of 46 (not out) and 51 in his last 2 innings, both at away venues
- The betting odds for both Over and Under 25.5 runs selections in the Northern Knights Fall of 1st Wicket market are set at 1.83. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.183 BET NOW
- Northern Knights’ fall of 1st wicket in last 2 matches was on 14 (at Hamilton) and on 5 (at Wellington)
- The Canterbury Fall of 1st Wicket market has the odds of 1.83 for both Over and Under 31.5 selections. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.183 BET NOW
- Canterbury’s fall of 1st wicket in last 2 matches was on 45 and 7
Northern Knights have lost 3 and won 1 match so far in the Ford trophy 2018. Their 1st win came in the recent match no.15 Northern Knights vs Central Districts Hamilton.
Northern Knights put 313 runs on the board after being 5 wickets down for 95 in the 26th over. Anton Devich (50) was the only major contribution from the top 5 batsman with other 4 scoring 5, 11, 0, and 14.
Joe Carter and Brett Hampton turned the things around for Northern Knights building a solid 178-runs partnership for 6th wicket. While Joe Carter scored a quick 102 off 77 balls, Brett Hampton missed his hundred and was out for 95 off 66 balls.
Though Northern Knights won that match by 25 runs, their batting woes are yet to disappear. In their match against Wellington, Northern Knights were all-out for 230 chasing 270 runs. There were no major partnerships in the innings and the wickets fell regularly with only PD Bocock staying on the crease till the end unbeaten on 54.
Even in their win against Central Districts, Norther Knights were 5 wickets down for 95 and it was the partnerships between Brett Hampton and Joe Carter that won them the match.
Daryl Mitchell though struggling with the bat has been consistent with the ball and picked 3 wickets in each of the last 2 matches. Anton Devcich shined with the ball with a fifer in the match against Wellington while finished 3 for 53 against Central Districts at Hamilton.
Canterbury has lost both of their recent matches, the most recent against Otago, and one against Auckland. There were a few highlight performances in Canterbury innings, Jack Boyle (71) against Otago and Chad Bowes (96) and Clam Fletcher (63) against Auckland.
But there was no team effort in the Canterbury innings in their chase as they lacked crucial partnerships a the top in both the matches.
Their 1st and only 50-runs plus partnership in the chase against Otago was for the 5th wicket.
Canterbury will need to bring their A game if they were to win against Northern Knights who has recently won a match at this venue and will be looking to continue their form.
Our Prediction for Auckland vs Central Districts
Northern Knights are likely to win this match
Both the teams have lost chasing in their recent matches, except for the recent match for Northern Knights where they won defending 313 at Hamilton. Lack of crucial partnerships top the order has been an issue for both the teams and makes their batting order equally vulnerable to a collapse. Based on the recent form of lower and middle order batsmen of Norther Knights, along with all-round performance of Anton Devcich Northern Knights have an edge over Canterbury and are likely to win this match