Newcastle vs Bournemouth: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, November 10th, 2018, 8:30 pm
St. James’ Park, Newcastle
Newcastle will look to move forward after recording their first win of the season last week – while Bournemouth attempt to bounce back after defeat to Mourinho’s United.
St James’ Park experienced the first home win of the season against Watford and Rafa Benitez will now hope that the victory will bring more confidence to his players – as well as the fans. Newcastle have struggled so far in the Premier League and have only scored seven goals in their eleven matches. They will need to increase that tally if they are to get anything against an impressive Bournemouth side.
Bournemouth might consider themselves unlucky to come away with nothing from their recent defeat at home to Manchester United. The Cherries started off far the better team in the first half and were only undone by Anthony Martial – who is on a great run of form – and a late winner from Marcus Rashford. Eddie Howe will be pleased with how his side have done so far and will be confident ahead of the trip to the northeast.
As much as the players and Rafa Benitez may say otherwise, goings on off the field must have some affect on the way the team plays. But they will have to get as many points at home if they are to stay up this season. St James’ Park should be a fortress and a winning streak could make that happen.
Bournemouth’s defeat to Manchester United was their first in five league games and they still sit just outside the European spots as we go into November. They will take inspiration from Burnley’s qualification last season and believe they can repeat their trick this time round. Three points are not out of the question against Newcastle and this one could end in a 1-0 win for the away team.
- Bournemouth to win 2.70 – BET NOW
Bournemouth have been the surprise package of the season so far and will believe they can get all three points from a stuttering Newcastle.
- Total goals under 1.5 3.40 – BET NOW
Newcastle don’t score many so Bournemouth may only need to get one for themselves to take all three points.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Bournemouth won this fixture last season by the solitary goal and shared the spoils when Newcastle travelled down to the south coast.
- Callum Wilson is beginning to show the Premier League what they have been missing due to a series of injuries. He now has six goals for the season.
- Newcastle may have found the net against Watford but only Southampton and Huddersfield have scored fewer this season.
- As poor as they have been this season, Newcastle’s defence has actually been far better than most of the sides around them at the bottom of the table – allowing just 14 goals in 11 games.
- Newcastle’s St James’ Park is almost five times as big as Bournemouth’s Dean Court. The Cherries’ capacity of 11,329 is by far the smallest in the Premier League.