New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Prediction – 2nd ODI
New Zealand won by 21 runs
- Date: January 05, 2019
- Time: 06:30 AM IST
- Venue: Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
Betting Tips for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI
- Kane Williamson is expected to be New Zealand’s best performer with the bat and has odds of 3.20 (grab INR 320 by wagering INR 100) while for Sri Lanka it is Niroshan Dickwella with 4.33 (get INR 433 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- For best Sri Lankan bowler Lasith Malinga is leading with 2.87 (get INR 287 by wagering INR 100) odds and for the Kiwis it shall be Trent Boult with 3.25 (bet INR 100 and win INR 325) odds BET NOW
- In the Man of the Match market Martin Guptil is leading with 8.00 (wager INR 100 and get INR 800) and is followed by Colin Munroe and Kane Williamson with 9.00 (bet INR 100 and get INR 900) BET NOW
- For highest opening partnership New Zealand’s odds stands at 1.61 (grab INR 161 by wagering INR 100) and for Sri Lanka it is 2.25 (grab INR 225 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For most match sixes Sri Lanka has 3.60 (wager INR 100 and win INR 360) odds while New Zealand has 1.40 (wager INR 100 and win INR 140) BET NOW
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Match Odds by BetRally & Betway
There seems to be no stopping for Kane Williamson’s side this season and they began the year in style putting up 371 runs on the scoreboard. The skipper would have been extremely happy with the performance his batsman put up in the game. While they were expected to do well they ended up demoralizing and destroying the Sri Lankan bowling attack. James Neesham missed the fastest 50 world record perhaps by a ball. The Kiwi skipper would hope his side carries with the same form and momentum in the next game and wins it comfortably.
Martin Guptil the big man made it count with a well-played century in the last game though his opening partner Colin Munroe missed out. Kane Williamson and Ross Taylor did what they are good at and took the bowlers to the cleaners. Tim Seifert and Henry Nicholls missed out but Neesham played an incredible knock that put Sri Lanka out of the game. The Kiwi bowlers did well in the second half of the innings to win the game. Trent Boult bowled well and so did Ish Sodhi and James Neesham. Matt Henry and Lockie Ferguson will need to improve their performance for the next game.
Lasith Malinga would hold his shoulders up proudly. Though his team didn’t win the first game of the year it showed the determination to fight something that was missing in this team all through last year. His team’s batting which has attracted sharp criticism would have answered many critics and just shown the potential they have. While the bowlers weren’t able to stop the opposition from scoring freely it was a wicket where bowlers from both the teams struggled to stop the flow of runs. Malinga would hope that his team shows the same fighting spirit in the next game and the result is in their favour allowing them to level the series.
Niroshan Dickwella and Danushka Gunathilaka looked in destructive form in the last game and this is something we haven’t seen from this team for a while. Kusal Perera played a sublime knock of hundred. While Dinesh Chandimal, Kusal Mendis and Asela Gunaratne weren’t able to convert their starts it was the scoreboard pressure that undid their efforts. Bowlers cut a sorry figure in the last game with Seekkuge Prasanna and Lakshan Sandakan having the best figures. Thisara Perera did bowl well but for his one massive over. Lasith Malinga and Nuwan Pradeep would look to improve their performance for the next game.
Our Prediction for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI
New Zealand shall win this game
It was a grand start to the New Year for the New Zealanders as won the 1st ODI of the 3-Match Series comfortably by a margin of 45 runs. It was fireworks all around with as many as twenty-one 6s were hit during the game. But Sri Lanka who had a horrible run of form in this format last year didn’t throw the game away and competed till the end much to the cheer of their fans. The two teams meet again at the same venue Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui for the next game and if the last game is anything to go by we should expect another high scoring encounter.
New Zealand is a power-packed batting line-up and they showed this in the last game. Here’s a cricket betting tip for this game – With a better bowling attack to back it they would be expected to win the upcoming game and make it 2-0 for the series.