New Zealand vs Sri Lanka – 3rd ODI Prediction
NZ on by 115 runs
- Date: January 08, 2019
- Time: 03:30 AM IST
- Venue: Saxton Oval, Nelson
New Zealand – 1.20 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 120 if New Zealand win) BET NOW
Sri Lanka – 4.50 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 450 if Sri Lanka wins) BET NOW
Betting Tips for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 3rd ODI
- Kane Williamson leads the odds with 3.75 (make INR 375 by wagering INR 100) to be New Zealand’s best batsman and for Sri Lanka Kusal Mendis has odds of 4.50 (make INR 450 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- Trent Boult has odds of 3.75 (bet INR 100 and make INR 375) to be best bowler for New Zealand and on the Sri Lankan side Lasith Malinga leads with 3.25 (get INR 325 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For Man of the Match market three New Zealanders Martin Guptil, Kane Williamson and Colin Munroe are sharing odds of 9.00 (bet INR 100 and make INR 900) BET NOW
- For highest opening partnership the odds are 1.66 (make INR 220 by wagering INR 100) for New Zealand and 2.20 (make INR 220 by wagering INR 100) for Sri Lanka BET NOW
- It the most match sixes market the New Zealanders have odds of 1.50 (wager INR 100 and win INR 150) and for Sri Lankans it is 3.25 (wager INR 100 and win INR 325) BET NOW
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Match Odds by BetRally & Betway
Kane Williamson would have expected to win the 3-Match series in two straight games which his side has done. What he wouldn’t have expected was Sri Lankans to put up stiff challenge in both the games. After putting in excess of 300 runs in both the games the side’s bowling has been all over the park. They are missing on their plans and nearly lost the last game against Sri Lanka’s tail. This is something the skipper would want to correct in the next game which should serve as a good preparation for the next series against a strong Indian side.
They have a wonderful batting line-up and have performed to their potential in both the games. Both Martin Guptil and Colin Munroe are in great form and would look to dominate the Sri Lankan attack. The middle order has done well with Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor and Henry Nicholls being in good for and there is of course James Neesham in the end to score those quick runs. Bowling has been the area of concern especially the form of Tim Southee. Trent Boult has looked good and Ish Sodhi and Matt Herny also bowled well in the last game but the fifth bowler seems to have become bit of headache for the side.
So near yet so far, for magnificent the innings that Thisara Perera played Sri Lankans deserved to win the last game but they missed it out by 21 runs even though the last three wickets put on nearly 175 runs. But Lasith Malinga would still be happy with the way his side accepted the challenge from the home side. Such was their form last year that they surrendered in all games but the last two losses have showed that the side has the talent to fight it out in the middle. With one game remaining Malinga would hope his side plays well and ends the series on a winning note.
Danushka Gunathilaka has been s story of success in the last two games and with in-form Niroshan Dickwella makes a good opening pair. Kusal Perera is also doing well with the bat though Dinesh Chandimal’s form is a little worry. Thisara Perera who showed his batting abilities with that sensational hundred would definitely pose a threat in the next game. Bowling again was the sore point for the side in the last game. Malinga bowled for his ten overs and Lakshan Sandakan also did well but Perera and Nuwan Pradeep’s performance was found wanting. The skipper would expect better show from them in the next game.
Our Prediction for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 3rd ODI
New Zealand shall win this game
It was an absolutely thriller in the last game where the Sri Lankan team thanks to an inspiring hundred from Thisara Perera nearly stole a win from the jaws of defeat. The innings would surely rank among the top in the history of ODI cricket fight backs. The action now moves to Saxton Oval, Nelson where the side would meet for the last ODI. New Zealand who have won both the games can’t afford to relax as the visitors gave them scare in both the games. It should be a perfect finish to a competitive ODI series in the next game.
New Zealand have won both the games and have looked a much better side and they are expected to win the next one and take the series 3-0. Check out the top cricket betting sites during in play for great odds on live markets for this match.