New Zealand vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test Prediction
NZ won by 423 runs
- Date: December 26-30, 2018
- Time: 01:30 PM IST
- Venue: Hagley Oval, Christchurch
Betting Odds for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka 2nd Test
New Zealand – 1.36 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 136 if New Zealand win) BET NOW
Sri Lanka – 5.00 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 500 if Sri Lanka wins) BET NOW
Draw – 6.50 (wager INR 100 and win INR 650 if the result is a draw) BET NOW
- Kane Williamson has odds of 3.50 (win INR 350 by wagering INR 100) to be best batsmen for New Zealand in the 1st innings and for Sri Lanka it is Angelo Mathews with 4.50 (win INR 450 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- Trent Boult leads the odds table with 2.62 (win INR 262 by wagering INR 100) to be New Zealand’s best bowler in 1st innings and for Sri Lankans it is Dushmantha Chameera and Kasun Rajitha with 3.25 (win INR 325 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For Man of the Match Kane Williamson has odds of 7.00 (win INR 700 by wagering INR 100) and Trent Boult has 8.50 (win INR 850 by wagering INR 100) BET NOW
- For highest opening partnership the odds are 1.50 (win INR 150 by staking INR 100) for New Zealand and 2.50 (win INR 250 by staking INR 100) for Sri Lanka BET NOW
- In the 1st innings lead market New Zealand have odds of 1.30 (win INR 130 by staking INR 100) and for Sri Lankans it is 3.25 (win INR 325 by staking INR 100) BET NOW
Kane Williamson would have been frustrated with his bowlers on Day 4 where they failed to pick up any wickets. It was a match in their bag but the bowlers just didn’t have answers to the two determined Sri Lankan batsmen for almost four sessions in the game. While batsmen from the side did exceedingly well the bowlers just failed to apply pressure when the captain wanted the best from them. Williamson would know that Sri Lanka would be upbeat with their fight back in the last game hence his side would have to go into the upcoming game with more grit and determination.
Batting wise New Zealand did well with Jeet Raval and Tom Latham giving the team a great start in the game. Latham’s record breaking double ton had put the side in a commanding position in the game. Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor and Henry Nicholls played well in the middle and all of them would be waiting to repeat their performances in the next games. In terms of their bowling Tim Southee was exceptional while Trent Boult did well too. Neil Wagner, Ajaz Patel and Colin de Grandhomme will need to offer good support to them in order to win the next game.
Even in a draw there was much to cheer for Dinesh Chandimal and his men. After having humiliated by England at home the side arrived in New Zealand with even their biggest supporters doubtful about their prospects. But that record partnership between Kusal Mendis and Angelo Mathews would perhaps be the performance of the year in Test cricket. While there are many issues that bother the side at the moment especially their batting Chandiman would hope his side takes inspiration from the show the two guys put up in the last game and plays spiritedly in the upcoming Test Match.
Danushka Gunathilaka would need to preserve his wicket and support his opening partner Dimuth Karunaratne who looked good in the last game. Dhananjaya de Silva has to do a better role at No. 3 and with Chandimal having the experience and talent top guide him. Angelo Mathews and Kusal Mendis looked in good form in the last game and would hope to continue the same way in the next one. Lahiru Kumara, Dhananjaya de Silva and Dilruwan Perera bowled well in the last Test Match. The skipper would hope his new ball bowlers Suranga Lakmal and Kasun Rajitha pick up early wickets to put pressure on the side.
Our Prediction for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 2nd Test
New Zealand would win the 2nd Test Match
The score card for the 1st Test Match between the two sides might mention ‘drawn’ as the bottomline but it was much more than that. It was a wonderful start to the NZ vs SL series where Sri Lanka did almost the unthinkable to save a match. It is matches like this that advocate the relevance and interest around Test Match cricket. The home side would have definitely been upset with the result in the end but they would put behind all that and eagerly look to play well in the upcoming game. The Sri Lankans finally had something to cheer about and would like to take inspiration from their determined batting in the second innings. The upcoming Boxing Day Test match should see a good contest.
New Zealand dominated the 1st Test Match and their batsmen are in good form and this would make them favourites to win the upcoming Test Match