New Zealand vs Sri Lanka – 1st ODI Prediction
New Zealand won by 45 runs
- Date: January 03, 2019
- Time: 06:30 AM IST
- Venue: Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
New Zealand – 1.28 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 128 if New Zealand win) BET NOW
Sri Lanka – 3.40 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 340 if Sri Lanka wins) BET NOW
Betting Tips for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 1st ODI
- Kane Williamson leads for the New Zealanders to be their best batsmen with 3.75 (win INR 375 by betting INR 100) odds and for the Sri Lankan side Dinesh Chandimal has odds of 4.00 (win INR 400 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Trent Boult is likely to be New Zealand’s best bowler with odds of 3.00 (bet INR 100 and win INR 300) and for the Sri Lankans it would be Lasith Malinga with the same odds BET NOW
- In the Man of the Match market Kane Williamson leads with 7.50 (wager INR 100 and win INR 750) while Colin Munroe has odds of 9.00 (wager INR 100 and win INR 900) BET NOW
- New Zealand’s odds are 1.72 (wager INR 100 and win INR 172) in the highest opening partnership market and that of Sri Lanka is 2.00 (wager INR 100 and win INR 200) BET NOW
- In the maximum sixes for the game the odds are 1.53 (wager INR 100 and win INR 153) for New Zealand and 3.00 (wager INR 100 and win INR 300) for Sri Lanka BET NOW
New Zealand vs Sri Lanka Match Odds by BetRally & Betway
Kane Williamson’s side would be extremely confident about their prospects going into the first game of the 3-Match series. Last year was a good one for the side in the ODI format where they competed against the best sides in the world. They have had good performances in the two Test Matches that they have played against the Sri Lankans in this tour. Their knowledge of the home conditions along with a wonderful bowling line-up would give them confidence about a win in their upcoming game. Williamson would want his team to give their 100% and not be complacent against a Sri Lankan side which doesn’t appear threatening at the moment.
Martin Guptil and Colin Munro form a formidable opening combination in ODIs and they would look forward to dominating the Sri Lankan bowling attack. Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor and Henry Nicholls make up for one of the best middle order line-ups the Kiwis have had for years. James Neesham can do the perfect act in a finisher’s role. The bowling attack is threatening with Tim Southee and Trent Boult sharing the new ball. Lockie Ferguson and Ish Sodhi would look forward to containing the batsmen in the middle overs. They have the right combination to win the next game against the visitors.
Lasith Malinga is taking charge of a team in complete disarray. 2018 proved to be a year that Sri Lankan cricketers and its fans would want to forget in quick time. They went from one low to another and had almost made a habit of losing. As the side comes to this ODI series after a record loss in the last Test Match it wouldn’t be an easy task at hand for Malinga. He not only has to address the technical fine points of the side but also boost their morale which is at an all-time low. It would be interesting to see if Malinga’s captaincy can revive the team from bottom of the pit in the next game.
Niroshan Dickwella will have to lay a strong platform for the batsmen opening the batting and it would be interesting to see who he opens with. In the middle order Dinesh Chandimal, Kusal Mendis, Dasun Shanaka and Thisara Perera will need to improve out their performance as compared to the last ODI series against England. On the bowling front Lasith Malinga will have to lead the attack alongside Dushmantha Chameera, Kasun Rajitha and Dhananjaya de Silva. The fast bowlers will have to make good use of the conditions for the side to win the upcoming game.
Our Prediction for New Zealand vs Sri Lanka, 1st ODI
New Zealand shall win this game
2018 was a horrible year for Sri Lankan team and they would like to put it behind their back. New Zealand on the other hand has one of the most successful years where they won in different conditions and against all oppositions. The manner in which they won the last Test Match would give the team great confidence going into the 1st ODI game in Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui. It would be interesting to see if the Sri Lankan team under a new captain shows zeal and determination and puts up a stiff challenge for the New Zealanders.
As of now where form and strength of the two teams stand New Zealand are way ahead of Sri Lankans going into the 1st ODI game and would be favourites to win it as it’s also clear from the odds offered by top betting sites.