New South Wales vs South Australia Prediction – 17th Match Sheffield Shield
- Date: 7th December 2018
- Time: 5:00 AM IST
- Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
New South Wales vs South Australia Betting Odds
- Daniel Hughes and Kurtis Patterson are the favourites to be the top team batsman for New South Wales in the 1st innings. They have odds of 4.50 each in the New South Wales Top Batsman 1st Innings market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- While Daniel Hughes was out for 1 and 6 in 1st and 2nd innings in the last match against Western Australia, Kurtis Patterson was the top team batsman in 1st innings scoring 107 not out.
- Daniel Hughes has hit 1 hundred and 1 half century in last 3 matches. While his hundred came in the 2nd innings of the 10th match, his half century was in the 1st innings in the 9th match.
- Moises Henriques has the odds of 5.00 in the New South Wales Top Batsman 1st Innings market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.500. BET NOW
- In the 10th Sheffield Shield match against Queensland, Moises Henriques scored 152 batting at number 4 and was the top run scorer in the 1st innings for New South Wales.
- Nick Larkin scored 175 runs in the 2nd innings of the same match and was the top run scorer in 2nd innings. The odds for Nick Larkin in the New South Wales Top Batsman 1st Innings market are set at 7.50 Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.750. BET NOW
- Callum Ferguson has the odds of 4.33 in the South Australia Top Batsman 1st Innings market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.433. BET NOW
- Callum Ferguson scored 111 in the 2nd innings in the 13th match against Tasmania and was the top runs scorer in the 2nd innings for South Australia.
- Jake Lehmann has the odds of 4.50 to be the top batsman for South Australia in the 1st innings. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.450. BET NOW
- Jake Lehmann wasn’t in his best form in the last 2 matches and couldn’t score big runs. He scored 28 and 3 in the last match against Tasmania and 8 and 0 in the match before that. His last half century came against Victoria in the 1st innings of the 7th match where Tom Cooper was top batsman with a hundred.
- Tom Cooper has the odds of 5.50 in the same market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.550. BET NOW
- Trent Copeland lead the race to be New South Wales Top Bowler 1st Innings with the odds of 2.82. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.282. BET NOW
- Daniel Worrall and Joe Mennie have the odds of 2.87 in the South Australia Top Bowler 1st Innings market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.287. BET NOW
Sheffield Shiel 17th Match Squads Comparison
New South Wales
New South Wales are at number 2 in the points table with 2 wins and 1 loss in 5 matches. Their 2 wins have come in their last 2 consecutive matches.
They have played 1 Sheffield Shield 2018 match at this venue against Tasmania which ended in a draw. Daniel Hughes and Kurtis Patterson both hit fifties, while Jason Sangha and Jack Edwards scored hundreds in the 1st innings.
In the last match against Western Australia at Perth, 8 of the 11 batsmen of NSW were out for under 10 runs. Kurtis Patterson (107), Sean Abbott (69) and Nick Larkin (39) were the only major contributions in the 1st innings.
The bowlers did a great job with Trent Copeland picking 4 wickets, and taking a lead in the 1st innings.
New South Wales scored 261-10 and 253-10, and it was the bowlers that brought the match home in the second innings winning by 104 runs as Abbott and Copeland picked 3 wickets each, with Nathan Lyon picking 4.
Nathan Lyon is in the Australia national squad for the 1st Test against India and will likely be missed by the New South Wales at Sydney.
With their bowlers in great form and the middle order batsmen chipping in along with openers, in addition to runs from Sean Abbott’s bat lower down the order makes the New South Wales a tough team to defeat.
South Australia have lost 2 matches in this season so far and are at the bottom of the points table without a win in 5 matches. These 2 losses have come in last 2 consecutive matches.
South Australia batting collapsed in the last match as they were all-out for 136 in the 1st innings. While Daniel Worrall and Joe Mennie picked 4 an 3 wickets to restrict Tasmania to 185, SA’s 136 gave Tasmania a 49-runs lead.
Daniel Worrall and Joe Mennie were consistent with wickets in the 2nd innings as well, but Tasmania took the lead even further and posted 353 runs setting a target of 402.
South Australia were all-out for 213 chasing 403 with only Callum Ferguson scoring the major runs in the innings with his 111.
Daniel Worrall and Joe Mennie have been in a great form which is a good news for South Australia. However, the middle order and the top order haven’t come around in their last 2 matches and only a batsmen or two have chipped in some major runs to the total which has cost them 2 matches.
Prediction for New South Wales vs South Australia
New South Wales will win this match.