Netherlands vs France: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Friday, November 16, 2018 @1:15 AM
Stadion Feijenoord, Rotterdam
Netherlands 2 – 0 France
The Netherlands can ensure Germany finish rock bottom of Group 1 with a win as world champions France make the trip to Rotterdam.
A quiet summer has given Netherlands head coach Ronald Koeman plenty of time to prepare for the Nations League and an impressive win over Germany in their last competitive game has shown the Oranje could be set for a return to the big time sooner rather than later.
A friendly draw away at neighbours Belgium was also a solid result and as on form France come to town, the Netherlands may well be spying a result against the World Champions.
They will be up against however as Didier Deschamps men have not taken their foot off the pedal despite winning the World Cup in July.
Two wins and two draws have followed since France’s Russian exploits including a victory over Germany and the Netherlands in the Nations League and although the Dutch outfit are looking stronger, France still have the ability to go up a gear.
A third 2-1 win in four games for France looks the best way to go in this one as the group 1 battle to avoid the wooden spoon goes down to the wire.
- France to win and both teams to score 4.33 – BET NOW
The French have won the last five contests between these two although the Dutch have betted five goals in their last two home games making a home goal a certainty.
- A goal after 74:59 1.83 – BET NOW
Les Bleus have been something of late goal specialists recently with four of their last six strikes coming later than the 74th minute.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
There is a wealth of history between these two and the Dutch will do well to draw on the history books and especially back to April 1923 when the Oranje hammered France 8-1 in a friendly.
However, of late it is the French who has been the dominant force and that is reflected in five straight wins over Holland having not lost a game to their opponents since June 2008.
France won the last game between the two in the Nations League 2-1 thanks to goals from Kylian Mbappe and Olivier Giroud and they will be eager for a repeat to lock out the group.
Overall the Dutch have won ten games against France with the visitors claiming fourteen wins and just three draws shared between them.
- Netherlands had the summer off after failing to qualify for the World Cup whilst France won the global competition.
- The pair first ever met in 1908 with Netherlands claiming a comprehensive 4-1 victory.
- France have won the last five meetings between the two including Septembers Nations League game.
- France only need a draw in order to reach the Nations League Finals whilst Holland must win to retain a chance.
- France are currently on a 15-game unbeaten stretch dating back to March 2018.