Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Jozi Stars 19th Match Prediction
- Ben Duckett has the odds of 3.75 in the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375 BET NOW
- Ben Duckett played some great innings at the start of the tournament. Though he didn’t fire much in the last 2 innings he has great potential to score runs and is a leading contender in the race to be the top batsman for NMBG
- Heino Kuhn was the top team batsman for NMBG in their last match against Paarl Rocks at this venue scoring 54 off 36 balls. He replaced Wihan Lubbe at number 4 who was in the side for the 10th match against Tshwane Spartans and was out for 2
- Kuhn will likely be in the squad for this match. He has the odds of 4.00 in the Top Batsman market for NMBG. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
- The NMBG skipper JJ Smuts has the odds of 4.33 in the same market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.433 BET NOW
- JJ Smuts has fired at the top on multiple occasions in this tournament and his last half century was against Durban Heat at this venue where he stayed not out on 62
- Reeza Hendricks of Jozi Stars scored 104 off 51 in the last match against Durban Heat at Johannesburg and was the top team batsman. This was after his 55-runs innings in previous match against Tshwane Spartans
- The odds for Reeza Hendricks in the Jozi Stars Top Batsman market are set at 3.25. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325 BET NOW
- Rassie van der Dussen and Ryan Rickelton are other batsmen at the top who have scored runs for Jozi Stars and have played match winning innings
- Rassie van der Dussen and Ryan Rickelton have the odds of 3.75 each in the Jozi Stars Top Batsman market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.375 BET NOW
- Junior Dala has been a consistent wicket taker in the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants team and has the odds of 3.25 in the Top Bowler market for NMBG. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.325 BET NOW
- Chris Morris has the odds of 4.00 in the same market for NMBG. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400 BET NOW
- While JJ Smuts has the odds of 9.50 in the Top Bowler market for Nelson Mandela Bay Giants, he was the top team bowler in the last match with 3 for 17. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.950 BET NOW
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants are in good touch in the Mzansi Super League 2018 and have won 4 of the 6 matches they’ve played so far. With only 1 loss in 6 matches, the team has the winning momentum with them and will be looking to continue their winning streak.
The good news for NMBG is their top order has fired in the recent matches and have found form. When it comes to chasing, NMBG top order when scores runs, has won the match for them with the one of the top batsman staying at the crease till the end.
When the team loses wickets batting first, their middle order consisting of Heino Kuhn at number 4, Christian Jonker at number 5 have made major contributions ensuring a team total good enough to be defended by their bowlers.
Chris Morris, and Sisanda Mangala can come handy with the bat when they are needed to score runs.
Junior Dala’s economy and wicket taking ability, along with Chris Morris, JJ Smuts and Sisanda Mangala all being in good touch in the bowling department gives the NMBG an edge over the other team.
Jozi Stars have won 2 of their 5 matches and are placed at number 3 below the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants in the points table. Their win in the last match was a huge one where the Jozi Stars scored 230 runs for the loss of 3 wickets.
All of their top 4 batsmen fired with Reeza Hendricks scoring 104 off just 51 balls. They won the match by 53 runs and dismissed the opposition all out first time in last 3 matches.
Jozi Stars bowling had not been on the mark and was a major reason for their previous losses. In the match no.13 where the Jozi Stars put 186 runs batting first on the scoreboard, failed to defend the total as Tshwane Spartans won by 4 wickets.
While in the match against Cape Town Blitz, the Jozi Stars bowlers picked 5 wickets and conceded 198 runs. They lost the match by 62 runs as Reeza Hendricks and Rassie van de Dussen were out for 0.
The last time Jozi Stars played NMBG was at Johannesburg in match no.2 where NMBG won by 5 wickets chasing 125 runs.
Though The Jozi Stars bowlers dismissed both NMBG openers for 0, Ben Duckett’s 75-runs innings saw the NMBG reach the target in 18 overs.
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants are likely to win this match
It’s a low scoring venue where the NMBG have won twice. Jozi Stars’ batsmen look in good form and the Nelson Mandela Bay Giants team as a whole unit is in good touch with their top and middle order all chipping in and their bowlers doing their job picking wickets consistently.