Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Cape Town Blitz Prediction
Match abandoned without a ball being bowled
- Date: November 27, 2018
- Time: 10:30 PM IST
- Venue: St George’s Park, Port Elizabeth
Betting Odds for Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Cape Town Blitz
- JJ Smuts and Marco Marais share odds of 4.00 (wager INR 100 and win INR 400) to be best batsman for Nelson Mandela Bay Giants while Quinton de Kock has odds of 3.60 (wager INR 100 and win INR 360) to be best for Cape Town Blitz BET NOW
- Imran Tahir is leading odds chart to be Giant’s best bowler with 3.50 (wager INR 100 and get INR 350) and for the Blitz it is Anrich Nortje and Dale Steyn sharing odds of 4.00 (wager INR 100 and get INR 400) for Blitz BET NOW
- Quinton de Kock is leading with odds of 8.00 (bet INR 100 and get INR 800) to be the Man of the Match BET NOW
- In the most sixes market Giants have odds of 2.20 (bet INR 100 and win INR 220) while the Blitz have 1.95 (bet INR 100 and win INR 195) BET NOW
- Giants have odds of 2.00 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 200) for the highest opening partnership while for the Blitz it is 1.80 (wager INR 100 and pocket INR 180) BET NOW
Mzansi 12th Match Teams Comparison
Nelson Mandela Bay Giants
JJ Smuts’ side have had quite an incredible tournament so far. They started with a great win against Jozi Starts before losing out that close encounter against Cape Town Blitz. They come to this match with back to back wins against Durban Heat and Tshwane Spartans. The side has the right mix of youth and experienced players and are looking in great touch so far. As they prepare to take on Blitz in their second game against this season Smuts would hope his side doesn’t make the mistakes of their previous encounter where a collapse in the batting cost them the game.
Smuts and his opening partner Marco Marais are important for the side’s win. When they have fired the team has won and they would need to provide good start to the side. Ben Duckett and Heino Kuhn have also played well so far in the season but the worry for the side is the lower middle order which is yet to fire when tested. The bowling attack is relatively good with Chris Morris and Junior Dala with the new ball. But it is the experience of Imran Tahir that the side will count the most. If there is good support from Aaron Phangiso and Sisanda Magala who have bowled well so far they would be a tough attack to score against.
Cape Town Blitz
Farhaan Behardien’s men made the perfect start to the season with four straight wins against Tshwane Spartans, Durban Heat, Nelson Mandela Bay Giants and Jozi Stars. The juggernaut was halted by Paarl Rocks in the last game which they lost by 5 wickets. The batsmen failed to capitalize on the stable start with the middle order collapsing in the last game. Farhaan Behardien wouldn’t like to repeat the same mistakes once again. He would take heart from their comprehensive win over Giants in the last game and win the upcoming one. They are sitting at top of the points table and a win in this game can nearly secure a place in the playoffs.
Quinton de Kock and his opening partner Janneman Malan have been in sublime touch this season especially de Kock. Skipper Behardien has held the middle order along with Asif Ali and with good contributions coming from the lower middle order the side has a good batting unit complete with hitters who can take opponents to the cleaners. As far as their bowling attack is concerned the side is doing well. Dale Steyn is leading the attack along with Anrich Nortje and they are troubling opponents. George Linde has also bowled well and together they would be able to see their side win another game.
Our Prediction for Nelson Mandela Bay Giants vs Cape Town Blitz
Cape Town Blitz will win this game
We have seen some incredible contests in Mzansi Super League 2018 so far and it doesn’t get bigger than this upcoming game involving Cape Town Blitz and Nelson Mandela Bay Giants. They are placed 1 and 2 on the points table and have played wonderful cricket so far. The Blitz defeated the giants in the last game they played earlier this season. But giants would be all ready to take on the visitors at their home ground St George’s Park, Port Elizabeth. With the crowds behind them the home side would want to win this game while the Blitz wouldn’t like to concede space and go further up in the points table.
The kind of form that Cape Town Blitz has shown since the start of the season makes them as favourites in this game.