Monaco vs Dortmund: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, December 12th 2018, @1:30 am
Stade Louis II, Monaco
Fallen French giants Monaco aim to bow out of the Europe with a bang whilst Dortmund know only victory will do if they are to have any chance of toppling Atletico in group A.
No one quite knows what has happened to Monaco this season, but it has been a disaster either way.
Relegation threatened in Ligue 1 and guaranteed to finish rock bottom of Champions League Group A, so far, the 2018/19 season has been one to forget for Thierry Henry as the prodigal son’s return has yielded very few results of positive note so far and the football has been questionable at best.
Few hold out much hope of a change in fortune as German heavyweights Borussia Dortmund head to the principality of Monaco still with a chance of nabbing top spot.
However, progression is assured no matter what happens, but Lucien Favre will not want to let momentum slip in a title chasing season and Monaco could prove tempting fodder for the Dortmund front line.
Expect a Borussia clean sheet at the Stade Louis II as the German’s have only conceded twice in the group stages (keeping four clean sheets in the process) whilst Monaco have only netted twice with just one at home.
Dortmund should breeze past a hapless Monaco with a 2-0 win to further compound Thierry Henry’s Monaco misery.
- Borussia Dortmund to keep a clean sheet 3.00 – BET NOW
Of Dortmund’s five group games so far, Lucien Favre’s men have kept four clean sheets with the two goals they conceded coming away at Atletico Madrid in a 2-0 defeat.
Monaco have netted just twice this campaign with just one goal having been scored at home.
- A goal after 76:59 1.83 – BET NOW
Remarkably in all three-group game’s Dortmund has scored in, they have netted at least once later than the 79th minute with seven of their eight goals coming in the second half.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Dortmund gave a second half master class when the pair met at Borussia’s Westfalenstadion in match day two.
Goals from Larsen, Alcacer, and Marco Reus ensured Dortmund swept to a comfortable 3-0 win with most of the best betting sites expecting more of the same in France.
Prior to October’s meeting, the sides met at the Champions League quarter final stage during the 2016/17 season.
These were happier times for Monaco as they won 3-2 in Dortmund and 3-1 at the Stade Louis II before being beaten in the semi-finals by Juventus.
- Monaco have not won a European game in their last 13 attempts drawing 3 and losing 10.
- This will be the second straight season that Monaco will have finished bottom of their group.
- If Dortmund fail to score it will be first time since 1983 that they have failed to score in three consecutive UEFA games.
- Borussia Dortmund won the Champions League in 1997 whilst Monaco’s best result was runner-up in 2004.
- Monaco beat Borussia Dortmund 6-3 on aggregate at the quarter final stage of the 2016/17 Champions League season.