Milan vs Real Betis: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Thursday, October 25th, 2018, 10:25 PM
Milan 1 – 2 Real Betis
The battle for pole position in Group F of the Europa League continues as Milan welcome Real Betis to the San Siro.
Milan’s troubles off the field in the summer seem to have not had a lasting effect on the pitch as the rossineri have looked steady in the league and started their European campaign well. Two wins out of two for Gennaro Gattuso’s men will have given the fans hope that they could go far in this competition and a win at home to Betis would cement that feeling.
Betis have won both their opening Europa League games without conceding a goal. But they will know that the real test in Group F is these back-to-back fixtures against Milan. A point in Italy would be a good result for the Spanish side with their belief that they are a match for anyone back at home.
Without setting the world alight, Milan have started well in Serie A this season – only losing one match before the Derby della Madonnina against Inter. A victory over Roma in their first home match of the season is probably the highlight but they will want to turn draws into wins if they are to push for Europe again this season.
Real Betis’ unimpressive start to the season was forgotten by most fans when they won their derby against their city rivals Sevilla. Since then they have picked up a little bit of form but are still not turning that into victories. Many fans and pundits were expecting big things after the summer’s business so a good run in Europe might be just the answer. Milan should be too strong at home however and this could end 2-1.
Both teams to score
- Milan to win to nil 2.62 – BET NOW
This is a fairly even match up between two sides still looking to kick into some real form. Milan should have just enough to get the home win though.
- Total goals under 2.5 1.90 – BET NOW
With both these sides potentially more afraid of losing than trying to win the match there
could be a scarcity of goals whichever way the result goes.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
These sides have only met in one European tie previously, Betis progressing from the Cup Winners’ Cup first round back in 1977.
- Although they have won the European Cup/Champions League on seven occasions, Milan have never triumphed in the Europa League or UEFA Cup.
- Milan were Real Betis’ first ever opposition in European competition in 1977. They went on to reach the quarter finals of the Cup Winners’ Cup that year, eventually losing to Dynamo Moscow.
- After three years away from European competition, Milan reached the round of 16 of last season’s Europa League where they were knocked out by Arsenal.
- Betis were also knocked out in last season’s round of 16 by city rivals Sevilla who went through on penalties.