Milan vs Olympiacos: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Thursday, October 5th, 2018, 12:25 AM
Stadio San Siro Milan
Milan 3 – 1 Olympiacos
Italian giants AC Milan meet Greek heavyweights Olympiacos in an atmospheric clash between two sides steeped in history.
It was a slow but steady start for both sides in their opening group F fixtures and as we enter round two, it is time to get the momentum going between the groups two favourites sides.
The San Siro can be an intimidating place as Milan hope to prove to Olympiacos who are no strangers to hostility. However, Olympiacos come into the game after a difficult loss to rivals PAOK in the league whereas Milan put four past Sassuolo at the weekend and come into the game not having tasted defeat in any competition since August.
It is because of that, that we predict Milan to edge past their illustrious opponents in a tight game that poses few chances.
1-0 is the predicted score line in Milan’s favour and considering just one goal has been score in Group F so far, that could be quite a valuable punt.
- Under 2.5 goals 1.85 BET NOW
One thing to not get excited for is plenty of goals, just one goal has been scored in group F so far and Olympiacos have only scored twice in their last four outings in all competitions.
Prior to the Sassuolo match, Milan had not managed to score more than one goal in three of their last four games meaning if goals are your thing, then you may not want to witness this one.
- Milan to keep a clean sheet 1.83 BET NOW
The Italian’s are traditionally strong defenders and although tradition means little in European competition, Milan’s capability of keeping a clean sheet when it matters does makes 5/6 a tempting price.
Milan have only conceded more than one goal in a game once in their last six outings and kept a clean sheet against Group F rivals Dudelange last time out.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
The two sides have been involved in European football for numerous years since both their inceptions but have met surprisingly few times.
Twice in fact, and not since the 1959/60 European Cup.
The pair met in the preliminary round that season and after a 2-2 draw in Greece, Milan took the tie 5-3 on aggregate thanks to a 3-1 win at Italy’s San Siro.
- Olympiacos have never gone further than the quarter-finals in any European competition.
- In total, AC Milan have fourteen European trophies ranging from the Champions League to the European Super Cup.
- The sides have not met since the preliminary round of the 1959/60 European Cup in which Milan won 5-3 on aggregate.
- Olympiacos qualified for the Europa League after finishing third in the Greek league table last season whilst Milan ended the campaign sixth in Serie A.
- Olympiacos defender Kostas Tsimikas will be absent from the game through suspension.