Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder Prediction – Big Bash 20th Match
Melbourne Stars won by 8 wickets
- Date: January 05, 2019
- Time: 12:45 PM IST
- Venue: Carrara Oval, Queensland
Melbourne Stars – 1.90 (bet INR 100 and win INR 190 if Melbourne Stars wins) BET NOW
Sydney Thunder – 1.83 (bet INR 100 and win INR 183 if Sydney Thunder wins) BET NOW
Betting Tips for Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder, 20th Match
- Marcus Stoinis has odds of 4.00 (grab INR 400 by betting INR 100) to be Melbourne Stars’ best batsmen and for Sydney Thunder it is Jos Buttler with 3.10 (grab INR 310 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Sandeep Lamichhane is expected to be best bowler for Stars with odds of 3.75 (grab INR 375 by betting INR 100) and for Thunder Daniel Sams and Fawad Ahmed share odds of 4.00 (grab INR 400 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- For Man of the Match Jos Buttler had odds of 8.00 (grab INR 800 by betting INR 100) and is followed by Glenn Maxwell Dwayne Bravo and Marcus Stonis sharing odds of 9.00 (grab INR 900 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- In the most sixes market Melbourne Stars have odds of 1.86 (get INR 186 by betting INR 100) while the odd stands at 2.20 (get INR 220 by betting INR 100) for Sydney Thunder BET NOW
- Both the teams are tied on odds of 1.90 (grab INR 190 by betting INR 100) as far as highest opening partnership is concerned. BET NOW
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder Match Odds by BetRally & Betway
Big Bash 20th Match Squad Comparison
After getting off to a miserable start in their first two games this season Glenn Maxwell led side has turned it around in their last two games. First they humbled Sydney Sixers at the SCG and in their last game versus Melbourne Renegades they won convincingly. This would have given the captain lot of confidence about his players. After all he is leading one of the most talented sides this season and would expect his team to play the same way as they have done in the previous two games. If the side plays to its potential they can surely win it.
Ben Dunk’s return to form would make the team management happy and with Marcus Stoinis in good form the side has a strong opening pair. Nick Larkin has also played well this season and having
Glenn Maxwell, Dwayne Bravo and wicketkeeper Seb Gotch in the middle order gives the side much needed firepower towards the end of the innings. The bowling attack has done well in the last two games with Sandeep Lamichhane and Adam Zampa looking in great form. If Bravo, Scott Boland and Stoinis offer them good support they would be a difficult attack to score against.
After a blip that saw them lose two consecutive games Shane Watson’s team are back in business after winning that thriller against Perth Scorchers in their last game. Games like these can really boost the morale of a side and Watson would hope his side carries forward this momentum into the next game. This victory came after the side suffered two consecutive defeats against Hobart Hurricanes and Adelaide Strikers. They had started well with two wins in their first two games. Maxwell would know about the dominating record his side has had against Melbourne Stars and keep it the same way.
Jos Buttler is just pushing the limits with one good knock after the other and with Shane Watson forms a threatening opening combination. The side has a strong middle-order line-up in Callum Ferguson who is in good form followed by Joe Root, Daniel Sams and Jason Sangha. When they have been on song they have put up huge scores on the board. The bowlers have also done well under pressure with Sam Rainbird and Jonathan Cook bowled well in the last game while Fawad Ahmed and Gurinder Sandhu also did well. If they bowl well in the next game they would surely pose a challenge for the Melbourne Stars.
Our Prediction for Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder
Sydney Thunder will win this game
The points table for Big Bash 2018-19 has started taking shape and with a win in their last game Sydney Thunder has moved to the second place and would look to solidify its position in the upcoming game against Melbourne Stars at Carrara Oval, Queensland. The Stars would also start the game confidently having won both their previous games and finally appear to have found the formula for success. With both teams in good form the upcoming game would surely be a well contested one and make it worth the money for the fans arriving at the venue to support their favourite teams.
Sydney Thunder owing to their better record over the Melbourne Stars would start just nose ahead in the upcoming game.