Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers Prediction – Big Bash 25th Match
Perth Scorchers won by 6 wickets
- Date: January 09, 2019
- Time: 1:45 PM IST
- Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Betting Tips for Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers, 25th Match
- For Melbourne Stars’ best batsman Marcus Stoinis is leading with 3.60 (win INR 360 betting INR 100) odds and Shaun Marsh and Michael Klinger lead for Perth Scorchers with 4.00 (win INR 400 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Dwayne Bravo is expected to be Melbourne Stars’ best bowler with 3.75 (make INR 375 wagering INR 100) odds and for Scorchers Andrew Tye leads with the same odds BET NOW
- For Man of the Match Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell and Dwayne Bravo are tied on odds of 9.00 (pocket INR 900 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Melbourne Stars’ odds for most sixes stands at 1.72 (pocket INR 172 betting INR 100) while that of Perth Scorchers is 2.50 (pocket INR 250 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- In the highest opening partnership market Melbourne Stars have 1.80 (make INR 180 betting INR 100) and for Scorchers it is 2.00 (make INR 200 betting INR 100) BET NOW
Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers Match Odds by BetRally & Betway
Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers 25th Match Squad Comparison
It has been a complete turnaround for Glenn Maxwell’s team. After the drubbing they got in the first two games of the season the team has come out strongly. They have won comfortably against Sydney Sixers, Melbourne Renegades and their last game against Sydney Thunder. With the form and momentum they have emerged as one of the strongest sides this season. Winning the next game would put the side in a comfortable place on the points table and they would want it at any cost. Maxwell wouldn’t want his side to be complacent in the next game as Scorchers have looked in miserable touch so far.
Marcus Stonis has looked good in the season and his opening partner Ben Dunk also has returned to form after initial failures. In Nick Larkin and Glenn Maxwell they have one of the most destructive middle order and they side would be confident amount the hitting abilities of Seb Gotch and Dwayne Bravo down the order. Their bowlers who had started poorly in the tournament have finally started to do well. Scott Boland, Adam Zampa and Liam Plunkett form a good attack while Stoinis and Bravo will need to check the flow of runs in the next game.
Mitchell Marsh’s return to the side as captain didn’t change the fortunes for the Perth Scorchers as they suffered one more defeat in the tournament at the hands of Brisbane Heat. This was their third consecutive defeat and fifth overall in the six games that the team has played so far in the season. The side which was on song in the last season is struggling in all departments of the game. A loss in the upcoming game would kill even the remotest possibility for the side to reach the play-offs and Marsh would hope his side plays their best game as they have their back against the walls.
Michael Klinger is in good form this season and Cameron Bancroft’s good show in the last game strengthens the batting order for the side. Mitchell Marsh struggled in the last game while Ashton Turner seems to finally be turning it around in the season. With Aston Agar’s poor batting show the middle order looks a bit weak as of now. If Shaun Marsh makes it for the game it would strengthen their batting. Bowlers haven’t had that bad a season so far and Andrew Tye’s return to form is good news. Jason Behrendorff and Nathan Coulter-Nile have also had their good moments in the season and the skipper would bank on them to win the next game.
Our Prediction for Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers
Melbourne Stars shall win the game
It has been a disastrous Big Bash 2018-19 for the Perth Scorchers so far. After six games they have won just one. Melbourne Stars on the other hand comfortably sit in the second position on the points table having won three out of their five games. As the side takes on Scorchers at Melbourne Cricket Ground they would be extremely confident about getting their two points. For the Scorchers it is a do-or-die battle from here on and now that they have a full side to play in the next game they are likely to put up a better performance.
There is a wide gap that separates the two sides and Melbourne Stars would surely start as favorites in the next game.