Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades Prediction – Big Bash 16th Match
Melbourne Stars won by 7 wickets
- Date: January 01, 2019
- Time: 01:45 PM IST
- Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Betting Tips for Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades, 16th Match
- Glenn Maxwell and Peter Handscomb have odds of 3.75 (get INR 375 by staking INR 100) to be best batsman for Melbourne Stars and Cameroon White leads with 4.00 (get INR 400 by staking INR 100) for Melbourne Renegades BET NOW
- Dwayne Bravo is expected to be best bowler with 4.00 (get INR 400 by staking INR 100) odds for Melbourne Stars while Usman Khan leads with the same odds for Melbourne Renegades BET NOW
- Dwayne Bravo, Glenn Maxwell and Peter Handscomb are tied on 9.00 (win INR 900 by staking INR 100) to win the Man of the Match Award BET NOW
- Melbourne Stars have odds of 1.80 (pocket INR 180 by staking INR 100) and Melbourne Renegades have 1.90 (pocket INR 190 by staking INR 100) in the highest opening partnership market BET NOW
- Melbourne Stars’ odds in the most sixes market stands at 2.00 (pocket INR 200 by staking INR 100) and for Renegades it is 2.10 (pocket INR 210 by staking INR 100) BET NOW
Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades Match Odds by BetRally & Betway
Big Bash 16th Match Squad Comparison
The start to the season would have surely disappointed Stars captain Glenn Maxwell. Leading one of the best combinations in the league his side suffered two consecutive defeats first against Sydney Thunder and then versus Hobart Hurricanes. But the team turned it around in the last game against Sydney Sixers which they won convincingly by 5 wickets. As they come to play their first home game of a season a derby against the Renegades, Maxwell would be upbeat about his side’s prospects and play to win this one. Having a dominating record against the opponents will give the side confidence going into this game.
Ben Dunk’s poor form at the top remains a concern for the side but the return of Peter Handscomb to the opening slot has strengthened their batting. Nick Larkin looked good in the previous game and having Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis and Dwayne Bravo in the line-up only strengthens it. If they play to their potential the side is likely to do well. The bowling attack finally seems to have gained its rhythm with Sandeep Lamichhane, Adam Zampa, Bravo and Jackson Coleman all bowling well in the last game. They’d want to continue the same way in the upcoming game as well.
The start to the season had been convincing for the side led by Tom Cooper. They won two back to back games against Perth Scorchers and Adelaide Strikers before that disastrous outing versus Sydney Sixers in their last game. The batsmen are failing the side and they failed to chase down an easy total in the last game like they had almost failed in the first game against Scorchers. Cooper would be worried about how his batsmen are playing this season and if they have to win this game the top order would need to take up more responsibility.
Mackenzie Harvey did well being pushed up to the opener’s slot while Tim Ludeman’s form is worrying the side. Cameron White has been in good form despite his failure in the last game. Tom Cooper is yet to impress with the bat in the season and rest of the batting has shown nervousness which has been the biggest problem for the side. It is their bowling that has been the highlight so far in the season. Usman Khan and Mohammad Nabi are bowling well with the new ball Kane Richardson and Jack Wildermuth have also bowled well and this strengthens the side’s bowling attack.
Our Prediction for Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades
Melbourne Stars will win this game.
As Melbourne Stars take on Melbourne Renegades in a home derby the latter might seem to be a stronger outfit going by the points table. But looking at the finer points while making cricket predictions the Renegades’ batting has been a disappointment so far in the season. It is letting them down and their bowlers have won both the games so far. For the Stars with their opening combination sorted they look a much better side now. However both the sides need to win the next game to move up on the points table and it would be an interesting battle.
Melbourne Stars have a better batting unit and they would be playing at home and with the crowd support behind them they shall start as favorites.