Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes Prediction – Big Bash 23rd Match
Melbourne Renegades won by 6 wickets
- Date: January 07, 2019
- Time: 1:45 PM IST
- Venue: Docklands Stadium, Melbourne
Betting Tips for Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes, 23rd Match
- Cameron White is expected to be Renegades best batsman with 3.50 (make INR 350 by staking INR 100) odds and D’Arcy Short leads for Hurricanes with 3.20 (make INR 350 by staking INR 100) BET NOW
- Kane Richardson is expected to be Renegades’ best bowler with odds of 3.75 (make INR 375 by betting INR 100) while Jofra Archer leads for Hurricanes with 3.25 (make INR 325 by betting INR 100) BET NOW
- For Man of the Match D’Arcy Short leads with 7.50 (make INR 750 betting INR 100) and is followed by Cameroon White and Mohammad Nabi who share odds of 10.00 (make INR 1000 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- Renegades’ odds of hitting most sixes is 2.10 (get INR 210 betting INR 100) and for Hurricanes it is 2.00 (get INR 210 betting INR 100) BET NOW
- For highest opening wicket partnership the odds are 1.80 (get INR 180 betting INR 100) for Hurricanes and 2.00 (get INR 200 betting INR 100) for Renegades BET NOW
Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes Match Odds by BetRally & Betway
Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes 23rd Match Squad Comparison
Tom Cooper’s team had started the season well with a win against the Perth Scorchers followed by one against Adelaide Strikers. But since then things haven’t gone their way. The side has lost the last three games they have been part of which seems to have affected their confidence. They messed it up completely with the bat in their last game when they met the Strikers again. As they face the best team of the season in their upcoming game it would be an uphill task for the side. Cooper would need strong performance from his players to win the next one.
The new opening pair of Cameron White and Mackenzie Harvey didn’t set the scoreboard on fire and Cricket Australia’s reluctance to allow Aaron Finch to play is a huge setback. The middle order has had some issues with Sam Harper and Tom Cooper not being in the best of form. Beau Webster has looked good and so has Mohammad Nabi lower down the order and they would be looking forward to strengthening the batting for the side. The bowlers have done well in the season with Kane Richardson, Usman Khan and Cameron Boyce looking in good shape. Mohammad Nabi has also bowled well and together with Tom Cooper they form a good bowling attack which will look to win the next game.
Hobart Hurricanes seems to be doing everything right this season. Mathew Wade has led them inspirationally and after five games they are yet to suffer a defeat. Their last win against the Sydney Sixers just stamped their dominance this season where they have been crushing one opposition after the other. A sixth straight win will take them closer to a play-offs berth and Wade wouldn’t want his side to be complacent. They have been on song in all the games so far and the skipper would want it to remain the same in the next game.
D’Arcy Short is a man on mission to destroy opposition attacks. He is already the top run getter this season and would look to dominate right from the word go. Wade has also played well in the season. The middle order has looked destructive with Alex Doolan, Ben McDermott and George Bailey all looking good so far in the tournament. Their batting firepower can win the game easily. The worrying point of the side is its bowling as the bowlers have gone for runs in most games. James Faulkner and Jofra Archer are the only ones who have troubled the opponents. The skipper would expect better bowling performance from Johan Botha and Riley Meredith in the upcoming game.
Our Prediction for Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes
Hobart Hurricanes shall win the game
Hobart Hurricanes are playing like a well-oiled machine and have had a phenomenal run so far in Big Bash 2018-19. After five games they are yet to see a defeat and when they play Melbourne Renegades at Docklands Stadium they would come to the pitch with a bag load of confidence. For Renegades on the other hand the season has been a struggle so far as they have managed to win only two of their five games. It would be interesting to see how they challenge the Hurricanes in front of their home crowd and avoid their fourth consecutive defeat.
The kind of form that Hobart Hurricanes are in at the moment makes them outright favorites to win the upcoming encounter.