Manchester United vs Valencia: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018, 01:30 AM
Old Trafford Manchester
Manchester United 0 – 0 Valencia
United welcome Valencia to Old Trafford looking to carry on the fine form showed against Young Boys in their group opener.
The strained relationship between Paul Pogba and Jose Mourinho has been endlessly commented on this season but the France international was very impressive for Manchester United in Bern where he scored two against Young Boys and made one for Antony Martial who reminded everyone that he can play a bit as well.
Valencia were unable to beat a 10 man Juventus at home in their opening match after Cristiano Ronaldo was mystifyingly sent off in the first half. Two penalties did the damage for the visitors and the home side made things even worse by missing one of their own in stoppage time.
A dip in form after their season opening victory over Leicester City has seemingly ended and United – for all the talk of a crisis – look like they may challenge for the European spots in the Premier League this season, while not looking like genuine title hopefuls. But in Europe they looked decisive against an admittedly weaker side. A home win against Valencia will set things up nicely for their matches against Juventus.
Valencia have endured a frustrating start to their domestic season – not being able to put games away and experiencing a string of draws. They had no answer to a numerically challenged Juventus side in their group opener and it is difficult to see how they will raise their game for the trip to Manchester. United to win 2-1.
- Both teams to score and over 2.5 goals 2.20 BET NOW
United should win this one but they can also make things very difficult for themselves at times for no apparent reason. Valencia may get a goal here but the home side will be victorious.
- United to score first 1.44 BET NOW
With the attacking talent on display United could overwhelm Valencia from the start and Romelu Lukaku, in particular, would love to get his Champions League account underway.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
United and Valencia have met a number of times over the years with the draw being the most common result. The home side will be favoured in this game but may not be able to turn their superiority into goals.
- Valencia had an incredible 28 goal attempts in their match against Juventus – but with only six on target it is perhaps not surprising that they finished the beaten side.
- It is now over 10 years ago since Manchester United last won the Champions League – beating Chelsea in the final. They did win the Europa League in 2017 however.
- Valencia made it to the Champions League final in two successive seasons at the turn of the century. In both campaigns they were drawn in the same group as Manchester United.
- Manchester United looked impressive in the group stage of last season’s Champions League but ended up going out to a Spanish side – Sevilla – in the first knockout round.