Man Utd vs Huddersfield: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, December 26, 2018, 20:30
Man Utd 3 – 1 Huddersfield
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in charge for his first home game as interim manager as he welcomes Huddersfield to Old Trafford.
Solskjaer started off with a trip to his former club Cardiff for his first match in charge at United and now entertains Huddersfield in front the of the crowd who used to chant his name as a player. It’s a relatively kind start for the Norwegian manager and he will be thinking that three points will be a great way to win over the fans as a coach.
David Wagner would probably have wished Jose Mourinho had clung on until the new year as his United side looked incapable of performing consistently to the high standard required of them. Instead, a possibly rejuvenated Manchester United will be looking to impress the new boss and it could mean a less than enjoyable day for the Terriers.
Manchester United were only sixth when Mourinho got the sack – but they were almost 20 points behind Liverpool and experiencing the worst start to a season for 28 years. Solskjaer will have his own ideas on how to salvage this season and with Mike Phelan ably assisting the future suddenly looks a bit brighter for the club.
Huddersfield have really struggled this season and their lack of goals is a real worry for Wagner and the fans. Their strikers have failed to find the net at all and it is defender Mathias Jorgensen who is top scorer on just two goals. They should expect little chance to add to that paltry tally today and a new look United could win this 4-0.
- Manchester United to win to nil 1.66 – BET NOW
Even if Manchester United don’t score many they should win this one fairly easily handing David De Gea a rare clean sheet in the process.
- Total goals over 3.5 2.62 – BET NOW
Manchester United have only scored more than two goals on two occasions this season in the Premier League so online betting sites are still offering fairly attractive odds on bigger totals.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Before last season these two had not met since 1972. They both won their home games in the Premier League in the last campaign.
- It shows how defensive minded Jose Mourinho was at United that only Joe Hart and Neil Etheridge have made more saves in the Premier League than David De Gea.
- Huddersfield are the least prolific side in the league with only 10 goals so far this season. The worst side in Premier League history was Derby County who found the net just 20 times in the 2007-08 season.
- After the 3-1 defeat at Anfield, Manchester United had conceded more goals in 17 matches than they did in the whole of last season.
- The highest position in the table that Huddersfield have attained this season is 14th – achieved after only their second victory against Wolves in November.