Man City vs Burnley: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Saturday, October 20, 2018 @7:30 PM
Etihad Stadium, Manchester
Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City host a resurgent Burnley side who have recovered from looking like relegation fodder to echoes of the side that swept to seventh in the table last season.
However, to many this is a home banker but do not expect Sean Dyche’s men to just roll over in front of the City juggernaut.
Naturally it would be foolish to predict anything other than the home win.
City are unbeaten this season with six wins from their eight league games so far this season and have won all four of their league games at the Etihad Stadium this season.
Burnley have started to deliver of late after a start that saw them quickly become relegation contenders after picking up just one point from their opening five fixtures.
However, two wins and a draw has followed since and the Lancashire can breathe again as they face their toughest task of the campaign.
That resurgence will give Burnley confidence but is where it will end as the Clarets have not won at City since 1963.
With 21 goals to their name this season, expect City to continue their scoring trend but Burnley do have a habit of netting against them making a 3-1 score line the way to go.
- Both teams to score 2.50 – BET NOW
That price is quite remarkable value considering the Clarets have scored seven goals in their last three outings and nine of the last eleven meetings between the two would see this bet pay out.
- City to not keep a clean sheet 2.50 – BET NOW
This bet combined with the above bet could make for a very profitable afternoon.
This is because despite holding numerous scoring records, against Burnley the Citizens have only kept one clean sheet in their last five meetings.
This is maybe the slightly better bet as it offers the same odds as above but if a miracle occurs and Burnley win the game to nil, then the bet still pays out.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
You will not be surprised to learn that when it comes to the head to head, one side dominates proceedings.
What may surprise you though is that even before City had millions pumped into the club they still boasted a favourable record.
So much so in fact that you have to go all the way back to March 1963 for the last time the Clarets won at City.
Burnley have beaten City just once since 1975 and since then 19 games have passed.
Manchester City have won four of the last five between the two but there is some hope for Sean Dyche as he saw his side snatch a 1-1 draw at Turf Moor when the pair last met back in February.
- Burnley has not won at Manchester City since March 1963.
- Once again Manchester City find themselves at the top of the scoring charts once more with 21 goals, that is two more than Arsenal and eleven more than Burnley.
- Last season Burnley finished their highest ever position in their Premier League history in seventh.
- Alongside the highest number of goals this season, City have also had the highest number of shots with 174 whilst Burnley has just managed 73.
- Burnley goalkeeper Joe Hart has made 35 saves this season, the second highest number.