Man City vs Brighton: Predictions, Odds and Statistics- Premier League
Saturday, September 29, 2018, 8:30 PM
Etihad Stadium, Manchester
Man City 2 – 0 Brighton
Manchester City have looked impressive home and away so far this season and now welcome Chris Hughton’s Brighton to the Etihad.
Manchester City have scored 19 goals in six Premier League games and will be thinking that they can boost their goal difference even more against a Brighton side with only one win to their name this season. The Seagulls have a relatively strong defence but they are surely going to be tested against the champions.
Brighton may feel that they have had a fairly good start. With six games gone they are 13th in the table and have already played United, Liverpool and Spurs – with their sole victory of the season coming against Joes Mourinho’s team. This will be another tough one though and coming away with anything will be a massive bonus.
With Liverpool starting so brightly, Pep Guardiola’s side have almost quietly gone about their business. The Man City boss has played around with his starting eleven already this season and every combination has worked. New signings such as Riyad Mahrez have also blended in seamlessly and they look in the mood for back-to-back titles.
Brighton were unable to conjure up another amazing comeback against Spurs with just a 90th minute consolation goal from Anthony Knockaert raising spirits on the south coast. The two previous league fixtures had seen the Seagulls claw back to 2-2 against Fulham and Southampton. They will need some more of that never say die attitude against a rampant Man City but this could end 4-0 to the home side.
- Total goals over 3.5 is 1.80 BET NOW
Manchester City are scoring for fun at the moment and could well come close to repeating the five-goal thrashing they handed Cardiff against Brighton. Chris Hughton has a well-drilled side but this game has goals written all over it.
- Man City to win to nil 1.53 BET NOW
It is hard to see anything but a City win and although Brighton have improved on the goals front chances will be few and far between. Expect a comprehensive home win and a clean sheet for Ederson.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Man City won both games last season as Brighton returned to the top flight of English football. There were a couple of unfamiliar names on the score sheet – Danilo and Fernandinho – in this fixture last year so it will be interesting to see who grabs the headlines this season.
- Manchester City have already scored 19 goals in the league this season – five more than both Chelsea and Liverpool.
- Brighton have been awarded four penalties in six Premier League matches – while conceding three in the process.
- Manchester City have amassed 5,391 touches so far, with only Chelsea recording more. To put that into perspective, that is over 2,000 more than Brighton have achieved in the same number of games.
- Brighton’s defence has needed to be up to standard since their return to their top flight and their current position in the league can largely put down to the work they put in – including topping the stats table for goal line clearances.