Lyon vs Man. City: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Wednesday, November 28th 2018, @01:30 PM
OL Stadium Decines
Manchester City get the chance to exact revenge on a Lyon side who inflicted their only defeat this season but will find the French giants are once again no push overs.
A point for Manchester City will all but see them top group F after a rocky start to the campaign that saw Guardiola’s men suffer a shock defeat to the French outfit.
Remarkably, that was City’s last defeat in all competitions and only loss this campaign.
Fate is still in Lyon’s hands as they sit three points above Hoffenhiem but defeat will make for a nervy affair in the final match.
A point may however be enough for Bruno Génésio and that is where we believe this game is headed.
City certainly feel the job is all but done and with a busy Christmas period coming in the Premier League, may not fancy going into Lyon at full pace.
The blue half of Manchester has also never won in France in two previous trips drawing 2-2 with PSG on their last outing and losing 3-1 to Monaco before that.
Lyon have also drawn their last two home games in all competitions and a solid but uninspiring 1-1 draw is set to leave both managers happy with progression all but in the bag.
- Under 2.5 goals 3.20 – BET NOW
Betting on the overmarket offers little in the way of value and although both sides are hardly shy in front of goal, looking a little deeper suggests there is value here.
Lyon have only scored over three goals once at home in their last seven games and City have only managed to score more than once away from home once in their last three.
- A goal after 78:59 1.83 – BET NOW
City have enjoyed some last gasp action this season and have scored later than the 86th minute in two of their last three Champions League games.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
As mentioned above this is only Manchester City’s third visit to France and first visit to Lyon’s Groupama Stadium.
The meeting back in September was the sides first encounter in which Maxwel Cornet and Nabil Fekir stunned the Manchester crowd into silence with Bernardo Silva’s second half strike proving nothing more than a consolation.
However, city have since gone on to win all three of their Champions League games since and sit top of the group.
- Manchester City have actually only won four of their last nine Champions League games home and away but have won their last three in a row.
- Lyon are in the Champions’ League group stages for the third season out of four.
- It is also the 15th time Lyon have been in the group stages in total which is a record for a French side.
- Manchester City have only lost once all season in all competitions (to Lyon in September).
- Lyon come into the game having only lost one of their last thirteen matches in all competitions.