Ludogorets vs Bayer Leverkusen: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Thursday, September 20th, 2018, 02:00 AM
Ludogorets Arena – Razgrad
Ludogorets 2 – 3 Bayer Leverkusen
Bayer Leverkusen need to get back on track after a poor start to the season but won’t have it easy against Bulgarian champions Ludogorets.
Bulgarian champions Ludogorets rise to the top has been a swift one and one that makes them dangerous opponents whoever they come up against.
German giants Bayer Leverkusen will be wary as they enter of the cauldron of the Ludogorets Arena.
Bayer Leverkusen head coach Heiko Herrlich is man under pressure after seeing his side lose their opening three league games and consequently find themselves sat bottom of the Bundesliga.
A trip to Bulgaria will hardly instil confidence in his side as Ludogorets come into the game on a three-match winning streak in all competitions.
In fact, the home side have a strong recent record in Europe having made it to the last 32 round of the Europa League last season losing to Milan.
Form counts for a lot in tricky European encounters and the visitors do not have a lot of it.
Expect an impressive Ludogorets to pile on the Bayer misery with a tight 2-1 home win.
- Ludogorets to win is 3.10 Bet Now
This bet is remarkable value. Admittedly, one glance at the teams at one would assume Bayer would be favourites but that can be misleading.
Ludogorets are now European veterans and have won the Bulgarian league title for the last seven seasons against tricky opposition.
Leverkusen have lost three straight league games and conceded eight in the process and are there for the taking.
- Double chance: Ludogorets win or draw is 1.57 Bet Now
Those not quite perhaps convinced by the argument for the home win may well opt for a little insurance by adding the draw at a still decent odds.
The home side have drawn two of their eight league games this season and a stalemate would actually be a decent result for a confidence hit Leverkusen.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
It comes as little surprise to learn that these sides have never met before in European competition despite the pedigree of both.
Bayer Leverkusen earned their right to the Europa League by finishing fifth in the Bundesliga last season.
Ludogorets were going after the Champions League once again but defeat to Vidi in the qualifying stages put paid to that but wins over Zrinjski and a 5-0 aggregate victory over Torpedo Kutaisi ensured another European adventure continues.
- Bayer Leverkusen won this tournament in 1988 defeating Espanyol in the final.
- This will be the first ever meeting between Ludogorets and Bayer Leverkusen.
- Bayer Leverkusen sit rock bottom of the Bundesliga this season after three defeats from three.
- Ludogorets won their seventh straight Bulgarian top-flight title last season and currently sit third this time around trailing leaders CSKA Sofia by two points after eight games.
- This is Ludogorets third straight appearance in the Europa League proper after reaching the round of 32 in the last two campaigns.