Liverpool vs Cardiff: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Saturday, October 27, 2018 @8:30pm
Liverpool 4 – 1 Cardiff
A disjointed Liverpool entertains a Cardiff side that have just won their first Premier League match of the season.
Liverpool extended their unbeaten start to the season with a win at Huddersfield but Jürgen Klopp was not the only one mystified at some of his side’s wayward passing and their sluggish performance. That they are winning while playing poorly should be seen as a good thing but the magic will need to return soon.
Neil Warnock had only just publicly doubted that his Cardiff side would stay up when they then went ahead and recorded their first victory of the season against Fulham. The Bluebirds have improved as the season has gone on but are frail at the back and will do well to keep out the attacking talent in the Liverpool team.
Liverpool have kept up with Manchester City and Chelsea as the only unbeaten sides in the Premier League but have not looked as impressive as those two in recent matches. But the fact that they have taken a point from both their title challengers shows that this is a different kind of Liverpool side who could be up there come the end of the season.
Three points against Fulham took Cardiff off the bottom of the table and put more pressure on the other sides around them. But they are the games Cardiff have to win – if they are honest they will know that getting anything from Liverpool will be a bonus. This has a home win written all over it and Liverpool could triumph 3-0.
- Liverpool to win to nil
It is hard to see past a Liverpool win here and taking the two defences into account this could end up in a clean sheet for Alisson.
- Liverpool to win by three or more goals
Klopp will not have been too happy with the manner of the victory over Huddersfield and Cardiff may find themselves on the end of the reaction by the players.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Historically Cardiff actually have a better record in this fixture but Liverpool won both games last time the Bluebirds were in the Premier League, scoring nine goals in the process.
- Liverpool have kept the most clean sheets in the Premier League this season. Spending all that money on Alisson seems like a good move now.
- Perhaps unsurprisingly given their position in the league, Cardiff keeper Neil Etheridge has made 32 saves this season – the fourth highest in the division.
- Mo Salah has still not hit the form of last season but now has four goals and is now tied with fellow top scorer Sadio Mané.
- Cardiff’s win against Fulham last time out was their first victory in the Premier League since April 2014.