Lazio vs Marseille: Predictions, Odds and Statistics
Thursday, November 8th, 2018, 11:25 pm
Stadio Olimpico Rome
Lazio 2 – 1 Marseille
As Lazio have aspirations of topping the group and Marseille just want to qualify, this matchup of high scoring teams promises to be entertainment guaranteed.
When Europa League Group H was drawn, Lazio and Marseille were dubbed as the favourites to advance, but at the halfway point, only one of them seems likely to qualify.
Thanks to a 3-1 win against Marseille at the Stade Velodrome, Lazio have steadied their Europa League ship and are in an excellent position to qualify from the group. Albeit a 4-1 loss away to Eintracht Frankfurt has harmed their stake in topping the group.
Marseille on the other hand are yet to pick up a win with their only point coming courtesy of a 2-2 draw with Apollon Limassol.
Outside of their European exploits, Lazio have the sixth best home record in the league 12 points from six games.
However, last year’s Europa League finalists just don’t seem to be able to get going in Europe this year, although their league form is rather modest as they reside in 6th place with 19 points from 12 games. Somewhat incredibly L’OM have the second worst defensive record in Ligue 1 this season.
If there’s one thing guaranteed in this game, it’s goals. However Lazio’s home advantage combined with their firepower spearheaded by Ciro Immobile, this one should come out in their favour. 3-1 Lazio.
- Over 3.5 goals 2.30 – BET NOW
There have been over 2.5 goals in Lazio’s last five Europa League games whilst there’s been over 2.5 in Marseille’s last four. With both teams conceding such a flurry of goals, four goals between them is more than possible.
- Lazio to win 1.72 – BET NOW
Marseille have failed to win their last five Europa League matches and often struggle away from home. A Lazio win at almost evens is a good bet.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Lazio and Marseille unsurprisingly have a short history of playing each other. First meeting in the 1999/2000 Champions League group stages where Lazio won 5-1 at home and 2-0 away. The sides didn’t meet competitively until again the Europa League group stages this year, where Lazio won 3-1 at the Stade Velodrome.
- Lazio could be considered the most aggressive team in the Europa League this season, picking up seven yellows and two reds in just three games.
- Whilst it hasn’t translated into points, Marseille have had the fifth most possession in their games with 57.7%.
- Marseille defender Jordan Amavi has managed the second most interceptions in the competition this season with 4.5 per game.
- Lazio forward Ciro Immobile has the joint-second most assists in the competition this season with two.