KXIP vs RR Prediction – IPL 32nd Match
Kings XI won by 12 runs
- Date: 16th April 2019
- Time: 8:00 PM IST
- Venue: Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali
Exclusive Bonus 110% UP TO ₹10,100 Bonus code: TOP10IND
KXIP vs RR Betting Tips 32nd Match
- KL Rahul leads for KXIP to be the top team batsman with odds of 3.40 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.340). While Chris Gayle, the top batsman for Punjab in the last match scoring unbeaten 99 has 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) odds. BET NOW
- Mayank Agarwal and David Miller follow with 4.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.425) and 5.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.525) odds respectively. BET NOW
- Jos Buttler, who is in incredible form and scored 89 in the last match for RR has odds of 3.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.100) in the top team batsman market. BET NOW
- Steven Smith and Ajinkya Rahane follow with 3.85 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.385) and 4.15 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs415) odds in the same market. BET NOW
- Andrew Tye was wicketless and conceded 40 runs in the last match against RCB at this venue. He leads for KXIP to be the team top bowler with 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) odds. BET NOW
- R Ashwin has odds of 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) in the same market, while Mujeeb Ur Rahman follows with 4.25 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.425) odds in the same market. BET NOW
- Shreyas Gopal bowled the most economical spell among the RR bowlers in the last match picking up none for 21 in 4 overs. He leads to be the team top bowler with 2.85 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.285) odds. BET NOW
- Jofra Archer, the top team bowler for RR in the last match has odds of 3.95 (bet Rs.100 and win Rs.395) in the same market. BET NOW
IPL Match 32 Squad Comparison
Kings XI Punjab
Punjab lost their last match to RCB, marking their 1st loss at their home ground in IPL 2019. This is their 2nd consecutive loss batting first. After failing to defend 197 against Mumbai at Wankhede, KXIP lost by 8 wickets defending 173 at Mohali.
While their opening batsmen KL Rahul, and Chris Gayle are in great form, the middle order seemed to be in a hurry as the number 3 and 4 failed to contribute much in last 2 games. In the last match, it was Mayank Agarwal and Sarfaraz Khan at number 3 and 4, while against MI, David Miller and Karun Nair batted at these positions.
In the bowling department, Sam Curran has been very expensive bowling at over 10 r.p.o in the last match, and 13.50 r.p.o against MI. In the spin department, R Ashwin picked a wicket, while Murugan Ashwin was wicketless, though he bowled a 6 r.p.o. Defending 173, the spin duo picked 1 for 54 among themselves in 8 overs.
Mujeeb Ur Rahman can be very useful addition to the side, while in the pace department, Hardus Viljoen can be a good replacement for Sam Curran. Nicholas Pooran if promoted to number 5 will add strength to the KXIP batting order.
Royals won their second match of the league defeating Mumbai Indians in the last match at Wankhede. Jos Buttler’s fantastic innings of 89 runs had a huge impact in the chase, always keeping RR ahead in the chase. The partnerships in the RR innings for 1st and 2nd wicket set the platform for a convincing victory. Jos Buttler was the 2nd wicket to fall, leaving RR with 41 more runs to win from 40 balls and 8 wickets in hand.
At a point when RR needed 18 to win from 20 balls, they lost their 3rd wicket, followed by 3 more wicket in just 4 runs. 19th over started with Steven Smith’s wicket and RR were down to 174-6. Though RR won the match by 4 wickets, this sudden collapse in the middle order can be very expensive in absence of big partnerships at top. They have previously suffered a loss to KXIP in a similar fashion where collapse in the middle order took away a comfortable win.
An inconsistent middle order could hurt their chances if they bat first at Mohali. Their bowling also has a similar issue where Jofra Archer is the undisputed leader. Others like Dhawal Kulkarni and Jayadev Unadkat haven’t come together with their performances. If their top bowlers go for runs, the captain needs others to step up and take the responsibility.
Teams bowling first have won 30 matches at this venue, and for RR to win another match chasing with their current middle order form, their bowlers will have to restrict KXIP somewhere between 164 (avg. 1st innings score at this venue) to 170 runs.
Our Prediction for KXIP vs RR
KXIP are favourites to win this match
Punjab’s concern going into this match will be their bowling. They defeated RR early in the league with a good bowling performance in the death. RR struggled in the end of their successful chase in their last match after Jos Buttler’s departure.
Statistically, KXIP has an edge over RR. If they improve their bowling with Mohammad Shami and Ashwin making a comeback, they are likely to win this match.
Back your KXIP vs RR match prediction with 110% bonus on your first deposit with Betrally India in an exclusive offer for our readers.