Kandahar Knights vs Kabul Zwanan – APL Prediction Match no8
Kandahar Knights vs Kabul Zwanan Betting Tips
- The 1st Over to 6th Over total runs market for Kabul Zwanan has 3 variations – the odds are offered for Over and Under 51.5, 56.5 and 61.5 runs. BET NOW
- Looking at the recent performance by the Kabul Zwanan and especially their opener against the Nangarhar Leopards, it is likely the total runs would be Over 51.5 (1.45). BET NOW
- On the other hand, Kandahar Knights having played 2 T20s in the APL 2018 so far have lost both the matches. Their average 1st 6 overs score is 48.5. BET NOW
- Their scores of 44-3 batting first and 53-2 chasing in the 1st 6 overs are very similar to the 1st 6 over scores of Kabul Zwanan in their 1st 2 matches.
- Going by the stats, Kandahar Knights are likely to cross 44.5 runs in their 1st 6 overs (1.44). Also, Kabul Zwanan have conceded a lot of runs in the power play in all their previous matches, especially the last match against Nangarhar Leopards.
- So, Kandahar Knights could possibly score over 49.5 in 1st 6 overs of their innings (1.83) if Kabul’s bowling in the power play isn’t changed and the Sharjah pitch is rolled well for batsmen. BET NOW
- Hazratullah Zazai is the favorite to be Kabul Zwanan top batsmen after his hundred in the last match against Nangarhar Leopards. (3.75) BET NOW
- Laurie Evans has scored 2 half centuries and has scores of 79 not out and 64 in first 2 matches of the Afghanistan Premier League. In the last match against Nangarhar Leopards, Laurie Evans was not out on 5 since the chase was almost completed by the time he had arrived on the crease.
- Watch out for Laurie Evans to be the Kabul Zwanan top batsman (4.33). BET NOW
- Kandahar Knights have struggled in the batting department and the top scorer in their 1st match against Nangarhar Leopards was Karim Janat who had scored 39 runs when 4 of their top order batsmen couldn’t score over 20 runs.
- Asghar Afghan the captain of Kandahar Nights was the top batsmen in their last match against Balkh Legends scoring 45 runs with 2 fours and 3 sixes with Brendon McCullum (31) being the second highest scorer in the match.
- The batsmen at the top order have lower odds to be the top batsman than the batsman batting lower down the order. BET NOW
- Watch out this market keenly for the Kandahar top order has failed to fire in both of their matches and if they repeat their fall of wickets in this match, Karim Janat (34.00) or any other middle and lower order batsman may have a chance to be the top batsman for Kandahar Knights as he was in their 1st match. BET NOW
- Use the in-play betting feature to wage your bets on the 1st over to 10th over, 1st over to 8th over markets as the odds and the runs change in these markets offering chances to win high returns every now and then in the match.
Our prediction for Kandahar Knights vs Kabul Zwanan Match No 08
Kabul Zwanan are the favorites to win the game. Their bowling and batting performances in the recent match shows their ability to adapt and gives them an extra edge over Kandahar Knights.
Kandahar Knights lost 2 of the 2 matches they played in this APL 2018. Their openers haven’t really given a winning start to the innings so far. Brendon McCullum’s strike rate in their last match against Balkh Legends while chasing 166 was 106.89 which is not characteristic of B McCullum, who is known to be an attacking batsman in all the formats.
Their number 3 batsman, Karim Sadiq who is also their wicket-keeper was out for 0 in both the matches.
Karim Janat, and K O’Brien who scored 39 and 22 respectively in their 1st match, batting first were out for 8 and 3 chasing 166 in their 2nd match.
Their bowlers, Amir Hamza, Karim Janat and Sayed Shirzad have been economical with their bowling and also picked wickets.
Amir Hamza and Sayed Shirzad picked 1 wicket each in both the matches while Karim Janat picked 1 wicket in their last match.
Though they restricted the Balkh Legends to 165, the Kandahar Knights have picked 4 and 5 wickets of the opposition in their 1st and 2nd match respectively.
It looks like an uphill task if they want to defeat the in-form Kabul Zwanan.
Kabul Zwanan have given the performance of a lifetime in their last match against Nangarhar Leopards where they chased a decent total of 188 with ease.
Their opener Hazratullah Zazai scored 124 off just 55 balls with 12 fours and 9 sixes and single handedly outplayed the Nangarhar Leopards. It is also true that the Kabul Zwanan have leaked a lot of runs in the initial overs, but the Rashid Khan led team knows how to make a comeback in the death overs.
Here is how many runs the Kabul Zwanan conceded in the 15th, 16th, 18th and 20th over against Nangarhar Leopards –
2 runs 1 wicket, 4 runs 1 wicket, 3 runs, and 7 runs 2 wickets in the 20th over.
Rashid Khan finished 13-1 in his 4 overs, while Javed Ahmadi had the bowling figures of 27-1 in his 4 overs.
Those 4 overs discussed above changed the face of the match as Nangarhar Leopards fell 50 runs short of what would have been a tough target given the pitch conditions and the Kabul Zwanan batting line-up.