Kabul vs Nangarhar Prediction – APL Match no6
Kabul vs Nangarhar Betting Tips
- Kabul Zwanan and Nangarhar Leopards have both played 2 matches each in this APL so far. Kabul Zwanan’s average 1st 6 overs score is 47.5, while that of Nangarhar Leopards is 41.5.
- Team to Make Highest 1st 6 Overs Score market on bet365 has the odds of (1.80) for Kabul and (2.00) for Nangarhar. On paper, Kabul looks the most likely selection to win the bet in this market as they have scored higher than Nangarhar both chasing (55-2) and batting first (40-3). BET NOW
- Nangarhar Leopards lost tier 1st wicket on scores of 46 and 4 in their 1st and 2nd match respectively while chasing. Whereas, Kabul Zwanan lost their 1st wicket on 20 (chasing) and 15 (batting first).
- The Fall of 1st Wicket market has the odds of (1.90) for Under 20.5 and (1.90) for Over 20.5. This market will be available during In-Play betting too and the odds are likely to go up for one of the above selections depending on the match circumstances. BET NOW
- Laurie Evans and Rashid Khan of Kabul Zwanan scored half centuries in their last T20 against Balkh Legends. Also, Ben Cutting, the Nangarhar skipper scored 71 off 39 chasing 185 against Paktia Panthers.
- Given that Laurie Evans has scored 2 half centuries in two matches, and Hashmatullah Shahidi and Ben Cutting are in good touch, a half century is very likely to be scored in the match. (1.20) BET NOW
Our Prediction for Kabul vs Nangarhar Match no6
Nangarhar will win
Here are some interesting facts about the method of dismissal of both teams’ 1st wicket in their last T20 in this APL –
- Nangarhar Leopards 1st wicket method of dismissal for ‘bowled’. In their last T20 Udana of Patkia Panthers dismissed J Charles out bowled.
- Kabul Zwanan lost their 1st wicket in their last T20 when Aftab Alam from Balkh Legends dismissed Hazratullah Zazai out bowled.
- Both these teams had both their openers dismissed bowled in their last match.
- Also, Rashid Khan the Kabul skipper while bowling against Balk Legends in their last match picked there 1st wicket dismissing Colin Munro out bowled.
- Nangarhar Leopards bowlers have not dismissed the opening batsmen bowled in both their previous matches.
Though it seems likely that 1st Wicket method will usually be caught (1.44), the stats from the recent match show that it could well turn out be bowled (5.00) if Nangarhar Leopards bat first.
Kabul Zwanan have shown their batting prowess in both their previous matches. In the opening T20 match of the Afghanistan Premier League, Kabul Zwanan successfully chased 219 runs against Paktia Panthers.
Though there was only 1 half century from Laurie Evans in the chase, and Kabul lost 7 wickets in the chase, they still managed to chase down the target in 19.1 overs.
In their 2nd match, Laurie Evans once again proved why he is the best in T20 and an asset for Kabul scoring 64 with 4 fours and 4 sixes. He was joined by Rashid Khan who is known for his hitting as he is for his googly. Rashid Khan scored 56 off 27 to take the Kabul score to 176 in 20 overs.
A concern for Kabul though is their bowling department. They conceded 218 runs to Paktia Panthers in their 1st T20, and in their 2nd T20 against Balkh Legends, even after the half centuries from Rashid Khan and Laurie Evans, the bowlers, could not defend 176.
Kabul picked just 2 wickets defending 176 runs in 20 overs against Balkh Legends and 4 wickets against Paktia Panthers fielding first.
While Kabul Zwanan have struggled ni the bowling department, Nangarhar Leopards have performed fairly well. Nangarhar restricted Kandahar Knights to just 139 runs as they picked 9 wickets and chased down the total easily with 6 wickets in hand and 9 balls remaining,
In their second T20 against Patkia Panthers, Nangarhar picked 8 wickets with Ben Cutting being the lead wicket taker in both the matches with figures of 28-5 (vs Kandahar Knights) and 25-3 (vs Patkia Panthers).
Ben Cutting gave an all-round performance in their match against Patkia Panthers where Nangarhar had lost 5 wickets for 51 in the 10th over chasing 185 runs. Ben Cutting and Hashmatullah Shahidi put 112 runs for the 6th wicket.
Nangarhar lost the match by 21 runs. This loss could well be attributed to the collapse of their top batting order.
Their top 4 batsmen had scores of 12, 1, 8, and 7 in that chase, whereas in the successful chase against Kandahar their scores were 32,30,12, and 1 respectively.
After looking at the previous performances of both the teams, a Nangarhar Leopards win is very likely. Though a lot depends on the toss in this match.
The odds in the Match Winner market change during the In-Play and that offers a great chance to win.