Juventus vs Man. United: Predictions, Betting Tips & Odds
Thursday, November 8th, 2018, 01:00 am
Juventus Stadium Turin
Juventus 1 – 2 Man. United
With Juventus taking the spoils from Old Trafford, the pressure is now on Jose Mourinho’s side to get something in Turin and pull away from the rest of the group.
If Manchester United were to have a solid chance of topping the group after their draw at home to Valencia, they had to beat Juventus at Old Trafford but failed to do so due to a Paolo Dybala goal.
With the reverse fixture at the Juventus Stadium, Jose Mourinho’s side will be hoping for a mini-miracle of sorts.
Juventus have the joint best home form in Serie A with 16 points from six games whilst Manchester United have the sixth best away form, with 10 points from six games as well. Each side have only played one home and away game respectively, both picking up wins.
You can expect Mourinho to lead with a defensive approach in this one and hope Lukaku and co. can break down Juventus’ defense but more importantly, than they can hold off the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Paolo Dybala. That, however, seems unlikely, 2-0 Juventus.
- Juventus to be winning at half-time and full-time
The Bianconeri have been winning at half-time and full-time in their last four Champions League matches. Considering how straight forward their visit to Old Trafford was, the odds for this are great.
- Juventus to win to nil
With four wins from their last four games in Europe as well as three clean sheets in a row, it’s hard not to see Juventus winning and even keeping a clean sheet against what should be a backs to the wall performance from Manchester United.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Unsurprisingly these two giants of European football have met on no less than 12 occasions, dating back to 1976 where United won the first ever encounter in a UEFA Cup group game.
There have been some classics between these two teams, most notably the 1999 Champions League semi-final where the Red Devils came back from at one point, a 3-1 aggregate deficit to win 4-3 and advance onto the Champions League final, subsequently winning it.
- Juventus’ Argentine forward Paulo Dybala is the second highest scorer in the Champions League this season with four goals, including the winner against Manchester United last matchday.
- The Bianconeri are only the second team not to concede a goal in the Champions League this season along with Borussia Dortmund.
- Manchester United have the joint third most goals in away games this season in the Champions League with three.
- Juventus midfielder Miralem Pjanic and United midfielder Paul Pogba are the joint highest scoring midfielders this season with two goals a piece.