Juventus vs Genoa: Predictions, Odds and Betting Tips
Juventus are beginning to get comfy in their throne atop of Serie A, but Krzysztof Piatek and the rest of this Genoa side could prove to be a surprisingly tricky task.
Juventus at home is a daunting task for any side in Europe, but when you’ve never won away to them in your entire history, that task can seem almost impossible.
The Bianconeri will look to maintain their 100% Serie A record against Genoa on Saturday and it’s hard to look past a win for the home side.
Massimiliano Allegri seems to have finally settled on a system that gets the best out of Cristiano Ronaldo and the rest of his team. They sit atop of the goals scored chart and the transformation into an attacking side seems to become more evident with each game.
Ivan Jurić’s Genoa head into this one in 12th place and more goals conceded than scored. However, with Krzysztof Piatek in mindboggling form, Genoa can dream of coming away with something.
However, Juventus’ control and sheer quality of attacking prowess should be enough to see them comfortably through this one, 3-1.
- Juventus and Both Teams to Score 2.20 –Bet Now
Juventus’ historical dominance over Genoa coupled with the fact they’re the best side in Serie A makes them an easy pick to win this game.
However, Genoa scoring at least one in this game shouldn’t be dismissed. Krzysztof Piatek is the highest scorer in Europe this season and Juventus may rest key players for their clash against Manchester United midweek.
- Cristiano Ronaldo to score anytime 13.0 – Bet Now
It speaks volumes that this one isn’t even at evens but it’s with good reason. The Portuguese striker is coming off two weeks rest and these games against midtable opposition at home have been his bread and butter for years.
1 x 2 Odds
Head to Head
Somewhat unsurprisingly, the history between these two sides is rather one sided.
Juventus have the advantage historically, winning 19 of the 29 games played between these two Serie A sides since 1983. Genoa have managed to snatch three wins from Juventus, including one 3-1 win back in November 2016, however none of these been while visiting Juventus’ stadium.
- Whilst Juventus are Serie A’s highest scoring team, Genoa are the third worst defensive side in the league, with 14 goals conceded in 7 games.
- The Bianconeri are yet to drop any points at home this season, whilst Genoa’s away form contains only one win in three games this season.
- Genoa manager Ivan Juric has tasted victory against Juventus and Massimiliano Allegri before, with a 3-1 win against the Bianconeri back in November 2016 with Allegri winning the other two meetings.
- The all-time top scorer in this fixture is former Juventus forward John Hansen, who played in Turin from 1948-52, scoring ten goals against Genoa.