Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks Prediction – Mzansi Eliminator Match
Match abandoned without a ball being bowled due to rain
- Date: December 14, 2018
- Time: 10:30 PM IST
- Venue: New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Betting Odds for Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks, Eliminator Match
- Reeza Hendricks leads the odds chart with 3.10 (bet INR 100 and win INR 310) to be Jozi Stars’ best batsman while Faf du Plessis is leading with 4.00 (bet INR 100 and win INR 400) for Paarl Rocks BET NOW
- Kagiso Rabada has odds of 4.00 (bet INR 100 and grab INR 400) to be best bowler for Jozi Stars while Tabraiz Shamsi has 3.75 (bet INR 100 and grab INR 375) for Paarl Rocks BET NOW
- Reeza Hendricks has odds of 9.00 (win INR 900 betting INR 100) to be Man of the Match BET NOW
- For most sixes in the game the odds are 1.85 (win INR 185 betting INR 100) with Jozi Stars and 2.25 (win INR 225 betting INR 100) for Paarl Rocks BET NOW
- In the market for highest opening partnership Jozi Stars have odds of 1.80 (pocket INR 180 betting INR 100) and for Paarl Rocks it is 2.00 (pocket INR 200 betting INR 100) BET NOW
Mzansi Eliminator Match Squads Comparison
Dane Vilas didn’t start off with the biggest names in the league but the veteran of many battles has led the side from the front with determination. He would have been terribly upset with the loss against Paarl Rocks in their second last game but won the last tie against Tshwane Spartans comprehensively. Right from the start of the competition they have played as a well-knit unit and destroyed opponents. With a strong batting line-up and a bowling attack that complements it Vilas would start confidently in the next game and like to book a spot in the finals comprehensively.
Reeza Hendricks and Ryan Rickelton have been in brilliant form as openers. At No. 3 Rassie van der Dussen is making big scores which make them a very good batting side. The likes of Villas, Daniel Christian and Petrus van Biljon in the middle order make it rock solid. The lower order has fired too for the side and Kagiso Rabada’s batting has been quite a revelation. Switching over to bowling the side has been brilliant with Rabada and Duanne Olivier dominating with the new ball. Daniel Christian has bowled well and so has Beuran Hendricks forming a great attack.
Apart from the poor start they had in the season Faf du Plessis and his men have looked a good side in most games. They come into this Eliminator game with the right momentum. They defeated Nelson Mandela Bay Giants and more importantly Jozi Stars in their previous two games comprehensively. In fact du Plessis would to remind his team as well as the opponents of the thrilling win in the last game the two sides locked horn. With momentum on their side and du Plessis’s experience as skipper they would start the next game on a positive note.
Opener Cameron Delport showed great form in the last game and his partner Henry Davids will want to score big after failing in the season. Aiden Markram who has struggled so far will like to make it count when it matters. In the middle order the side has Grant Thomson and Faf du Plessis in great form and they can hit the ball hard in company of Dwayne Bravo who need to fire now more than ever. In the bowling department Dane Paterson has looked good this season and found good support from Kerwin Mungroo and David Wiese. With Tabraiz Shamsi in the attack they have the right combination to put up a strong fight.
Our Prediction for Jozi Stars vs Paarl Rocks Eliminator Match
Jozi Stars will win the game
We are two games away from crowing the first champions of the Mzansi Super League. The 2018 edition has seen some exciting contests and if the performance of Jozi Stars and Paarl Rocks in the lead up to this Eliminator game is anything to go by it will be an exciting contest. None of the two teams can afford to make any mistakes here and would be raring to go and win it in the park. They have won a game each in their league games. With the New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg having the history of a batsmen’s paradise it may be a high scoring thriller.
Jozi Stars would be playing in front of their home crowd and have a better team composition and should start in the driver’s seat in the Eliminator.