Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz Prediction – Mzansi 9th Match
Cape Town Blitz won by 62 runs
- Date: 24th November 2018
- Time: 10:30 PM IST
- Venue: New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz Betting Tips
- In the #betyourway market at Betway Sports, the selection Cape Town Blitz Highest Opening Partnership & To Win Match has the odds of 3.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.300. BET NOW
- Q de Kock to Hit The Most Sixes selection has the odds of 5.50 and A Ali has the odds of 7.00 To Hit The Most Sixes in #betyourway. A Rs.100 bet on A Ali will return Rs.700 if he hits the most sixes in the match. BET NOW
- Rassie van der Dussen scored 83 runs for Jozi Stars in the last match and Eddie Leie picked 3 for 33 defending 209.
- The odds for R Hendricks Top Batsman & E Leie Top Bowler for Jozi Stars are set at 17.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.1700. BET NOW
- A multiple bet with the same selections on Bet365 has the odds of 16.87. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.1687. BET NOW
- On Bet365 you can combine other Top Team Batsman and Top Team Bowler of your choice.
- A doubles bet on Bet365 with the selections RR Hendricks in the Top Team Batsman market for Jozi Stars and DJ Malan in the Top Team Batsman market for Cape Town Blitz offers odds of 15.00. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.1500. BET NOW
- The odds for Cape Town Blitz to Chase Over 170 Runs & Win are set at 3.00 in #betyourway market. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.300. BET NOW
- The odds for both Cape Town Blitz and Jozi Stars in the Highest 1st 6 Overs Score market are set at 1.80 and 1.90. A Rs.100 bet on CTB will return Rs.180. BET NOW
- There’s a new market at Betway Sports for Total Runs in The Highest Scoring Over in Match, and the odds for Over and Under 18.5 runs are set at 1.72 and 2.00. A Rs.100 bet on Under 18.5 will return Rs.200 on winning. BET NOW
- Ryan Rickelton and Rassie van der Dussen have the odds of 3.00 and 3.25 in the Jozi Stars Top Batsman market. A Rs.100 bet on Reeza Hendricks will return Rs.287 on winning. BET NOW
- Ryan Rickelton and Rassie van de Dussen scored 91 and 78 runs in their last match against Paarl Rocks batting first.
- Janneman Malan has the odds of 4.00 to be the Top Batsman for Cape Town Blitz. Bet Rs.100 and win Rs.400. BET NOW
Mzansi Match 9th Teams Comparison
Jozi Stars have 1 win in 2 matches so far in the Mzansi Super League 2018. They defeated the Paarl Rocks at Paarl in their last outing where they defended a 209-runs total successfully and won by 60 runs to register their 1st win in the tournament.
Jozi Stars lost only 2 wickets in that match and both the openers, Ryan Rickelton (91) and Rassie van de Dussen (78) scored half centuries.
A news update – Chris Gayle who opened the innings for Jozi Stars in the 1st match will now be seen playing for Kerala Knights in the T10 League in UAE.
JS bowlers Simon Harmer, and Eddie Leie picked 3 wickets each, and Beuran Hendricks, Duanne Olivier picked 2 wickets each to dismiss the Paarl Rocks side for 149 in the 19th over.
In their 1st match, where Jozi Stars were defending 124 runs, Beuran Hendricks bowled a great spell of 2 for 13 in his 4 overs, and Eddie Leie picked 2 wickets for 25 in his 4.
Daniel Christian has been expensive in both matches bowling at economy rates of 10.00 and 11.67.
While Jozi Stars won their last match defending 209, only 2 of their batsmen played most of the overs, and in the match before that, other than two batsmen ( Rassie van der Dussen, and Dane Vilas) no other middle and lower order batsman made any significant contributions.
If the JS middle order is exposed in this match against Cape Town Blitz, they might be in trouble again and will have to rely on their bowling to win the match.
Cape Town Blitz
Cape Town Blitz have won 3 of their 3 matches in the Mzansi Super League 2018 so far.
CTB defended 180 in the 1st match, chased 158 in the second and defended 175 in their 3rd match successfully.
Two of these matches were played at Cape Town and the Blitz scored 180 and 175 batting first in these 2 matches.
A news update – Mohammad Nawaz will now be seen playing for the Sindhis in the T10 League in UAE.
The CTB will depend a lot on their batting with Janneman Malan, Asif Ali, Quinton de Kock, and the skipper Farhaan Behardien in the middle to score runs.
Malan scored a fifty in the last match, and Asif Ali has been in good touch. If their top 3 batsmen get going, the middle and lower order batsmen might play a fiery innings towards the end to add icing on the cake and post a decent total on the board.
Anrich Nortje was rested in the last match. He picked 4 wickets in the away match against Durban Heat. Dale Steyn and Hussain Talat picked 2 wickets each in the last match.
Prediction for Jozi Stars vs Cape Town Blitz
Cape Town Blitz are the favorites to win this match.
The CTB bowling hasn’t been really impressive and inspite of using 7 bowlers they picked up 5 wickets. In the bowling department, CTB clearly lags behind Jozi Stars.
Though, it is the team effort in the batting that has won them all 3 matches, whether they were chasing or defending.
Jozi Stars batting line up is yet to bet tested and is likely vulnerable if the middle order is exposed early in the innings.